At the movies

Saw Hidden Figures yesterday. True story about 3 “coloured” ladies who worked at NASA in 1961 during the space race. Their abilities to do calculus before the introduction of IBM computers made them invaluable but the racism/sexism of the times made their jobs all that more difficult. Excellent cast made for a very enjoyable movie. 8/10.

Saw Hidden Figures yesterday. True story about 3 "coloured" ladies who worked at NASA in 1961 during the space race. Their abilities to do calculus before the introduction of IBM computers made them invaluable but the racism/sexism of the times made their jobs all that more difficult. Excellent cast made for a very enjoyable movie. 8/10.

Saw this today, and really enjoyed it. Recommend it.

Watched Passengers yesterday. Boy oh Boy Jennifer Lawrence!!!
Also, thought it was an enjoyable watch.

Watched The Founder - McDonalds movie with Michael Keaton. Was also a good watch…the original McDonalds blokes all though they got paid they still got soooooooooooo screwed over

so wtf.

wheres john wick 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUlr8Am4zQ0

Made me think of the Simpsons episode where Homer gets a new job.

Tom Hank Scorpio

Just saw Hacksaw Ridge, wow.

Saw that one last year. Enjoyed the storyline, however got a bit sick of the over-dramatic/emotional-music/slow-motion drama scenes during the battle. It felt to me like Mel was saying “This bit is really inspirational! Check out how amazing this bit is! It’s really dramatic and heroic, so it has to be in slow-motion! Did I mention how inspirational this bit is?”.

Interestingly, the movie made it seem that the battle of Hacksaw Ridge on Okinawa was the first time they had been in action, but in reality Doss and his unit had already served in Guam and the Philippines and Doss had already been awarded the Bronze Star for his work as a medic under fire.

Just saw Hacksaw Ridge, wow.

Saw that one last year. Enjoyed the storyline, however got a bit sick of the over-dramatic/emotional-music/slow-motion drama scenes during the battle. It felt to me like Mel was saying “This bit is really inspirational! Check out how amazing this bit is! It’s really dramatic and heroic, so it has to be in slow-motion! Did I mention how inspirational this bit is?”.

Interestingly, the movie made it seem that the battle of Hacksaw Ridge on Okinawa was the first time they had been in action, but in reality Doss and his unit had already served in Guam and the Philippines and Doss had already been awarded the Bronze Star for his work as a medic under fire.

What a guy thou

Went and saw the documentary about Centrelink “I, Daniel Blake” tonight.

Films by Ken Loach are not to be confused with films by Richard Curtis. This one is about a 58-year-old Geordie carpenter who’s lost his job due to having had a heart attack. He had his unemployment benefit cancelled despite the advice of his doctors, but on the say-so of some pettifogging, bureaucratic jobsworth and his attempts to have his benefits restored fall due to the sort of mindless bureaucratic obstruction we’ve heard of so much this past few months.

He befriends a single mother up from London with her two kids, because Newcastle is the closest place to find accommodation. She encounters the same sort of nonsense that he does.

Very touching movie, but not to Essendon12.

Could have done with subtitles. The Geordie accent is often impenetrable and I’d recommend a session of watching The Likely Lads or Auf Wiedersehen, Pet to familiarise yourself. I half expected to see Sid the Sexist, Biffa Bacon and the Fat Slags (I don’t fancy yours much).

John Wick Chapter 2 was very, very, very, very, very good.

Isn’t the release like April?

Not here it ain’t.

Not here it ain’t.

Where’s here?

Pretty jealous was amped to see it this weekend but…

India.

Did they murder a puppy in this one, or maybe a kitten ?

Actually no, and they could've.

Is it as ■■■■■■ as the first movie.

Gotta be at least double the body count.

■■■■■■■ it...spoiler alert...now I know the puppy is safe (if one actually appears in the movie)

Gotta be at least double the body count.

Thanks for the heads up, we will give it a miss. John Wick had to be the most gratuitously violent movie ever. Waste of two hours of my life, and I haven’t got many left.

!!!Spoiler Alert!!!

Bacchusfox doesn’t have many hours left!