At the movies

I’ve seen all three The Trip films, and they’re basically the same film.

You get a bit of Michael Caine, Man in a box, improbable womanising, family issues that may or may not be rooted in truth, food shots, and Hollywood strategising.

The concept is well and truly played out now.

1 Like

Yeah they might have made two too many in that trilogy.

Well, … at least one IMO. I really enjoyed the first 2. (especially the whole series of the 1st at least, … didn’t bother with the film)

Which one is the first or best one to watch. I notice they have them in Virgin flights ATM and not much else.

Watched Alien Covenant on the last flight. Wasn’t as scary as the early ones, but I did ‘enjoy’ the themes of creation that ran through it. The android dude was just the right amount of creepiness. Wouldn’t bother renting it, but if you’re on a flight, worth a look

l have only seen the one, in Italy. For me, it is the one to miss.

Just returned from Bladerunner

Loved it. Hit on all points - visually beautiful, engaging, maintains story-line integrity.
Keep in mind it’s a long film, if you go and see it, which you should if you like the genre.

9.2/10

OG Blade Runner not on Netflix. Ended up watching a documentary about fighting in the NHL, anyway, do i need to re watch the first one or is the second worthy as a stand alone movie

No need to watch the original and having done so this week wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re really keen.

New one is magnificent.

2 Likes

Colossal was very good. Nice to be completely surprised and baffled and entertained by a movie.

It is not necessary to watch the original first, but if you haven’t seen it already you should at some stage as you
then get the background and links to the new movie.

Blade Runner 2049 10 / 10 160 minutes 2017
l saw it last night in Premium Class here. The first thing that struck me was the sound, it was without doubt the loudest movie l have ever been to and at times shook me physically. The visuals build on the same grim and gritty atmosphere of the original. The visuals are mesmerizing with plenty of visual nods to the original movie. The story can stand alone yet reprises many of the themes of the original and then builds on them. Comparisons with the original are inevitable but unnecessary. Gosling is great in the title role and the supporting cast is excellent. Oscars are coming this way.

1 Like

Star Wars trailer and pre-sale tickets come out tomorrow.

1 Like

Saw blade runner last night. I echo CJ’s comments. It’s great, in a true cinematic sense.

1 Like

STOP PUMPING UP BLADE RUNNER YOU JERKS

3 Likes

It’s basically another the force awakens.

Sit tight, be confident…it sucks

2 Likes

It’s very good.

JL trailer looks like more DCEU ewww

SW trailer looks like more Star Wars

1 Like

Fark DC, WB and Hack Snyder

JL trailer looks good.

It’s apparently a majority Joss Whedon movie now that’s he’s finished reshooting the most of it.

Rolo

I have heard that the new SW trailer is super spoilery (from no less than the Director himself). I havent watched it because of this.

On a scale of zero to “No, I am your father”, how bad is it? (without spoilers obviously…