At the movies

Yeah 100% agree. Sigourney Weaver IS Ripley now - though i suspect that Aliens had more to do with that happening than Alien.

Not sure it would have been BETTER but it certainly would have been different…

I liked Alien better.

But I love Ridley Scott so that might have something to do with it.

For me the best are

Terminator 2
Con air
The rock
Predator
The Raid
Hard boiled

1 Like

I’m not even sure what the category is, but I’m a big thumbs up for Con Air.
It’s like…it’s stupid, but it’s so watchable.
Kind of like what every Transformers and Stupid Car Movie With Ten Sequels I Don’t Even Care What They’re Called wishes they were.

2 Likes

With Helen Mirren’s form, she’d have nuded up.

2 Likes

Oh yes. She’s been quite ready to show them off going right back to Age of Consent in about 1908.

I wouldn’t know if it were the case had JCVD been in it, because I wouldn’t have watched it.

HIs *cough * “films”, are right up there with Chuck Norris, Wesley Snipes, etc. as things not to waste precious minutes of life on.

l didn’t find that it dragged at all, l was totally absorbed by the unfolding of the plot and cinematography. It is not an action movie, so those wanting a faster pace need to look somewhere else.

3 Likes

The only negative is that I left the cinema wanting more, which I guess isn’t really a negative

1 Like

It’s weird because I thought the story was good, the score was great and the sets/cgi were great. The last 40min or so was brilliant. Ford was the best thing, well him and the hot chick. If they had cut about 25min or so off the first 3qtrs it would of helped a great deal

thats not correct.

He looked like this

predator-invisible

Not a ninja.

2 Likes

lol this guy.

I know, right!! How the fk could I have forgotten to have Stephen Seagal in that list?

I knew someone as missing …

Yeah, his strike rate over his career was pretty bad.

I didn’t mind Bloodsport and Cyborg though.

Looks like the swamp thing

Thank god for Stan Winston

1 Like

Watched The Conversation lastnight.

Surveillance double feature with Blow Out tonight.

1 Like

Watch Enemy of the State after the conversation, basically a sequel, Hackman is playing the same character.

Yeah, I watched that one a few months back. It’s a good film.

The nude scene in The Queen was the crowning moment though.

I haven’t actually seen it, but @bugman5 told me.

HIs *cough * “films”, are right up there with Chuck Norris, Wesley Snipes, etc. as things not to waste precious minutes of life on

Steady on Ol’ Stained one- my entire experience of VHS videos/beer/pizza in the 80’s was intrinsically interconnected to Chuck and his “films”.
“Good guys wear black”, though a little dated with what fashions they wear, is a great action film, with some awesome martial arts.

2 Likes