At the movies

I’d suggest watching the first Avenger before winter soldier. That will help with the thriller aspect of movie.

Yep that’s the goal I reckon. A movie you would be happy to put on at any moment of any day in any situation.

1 Like

Top 5 is a tough one. I would go:

Aliens
Dead Poets Society
Gangs of New York
Apocalypse Now
Forrest Gump

I can’t imagine how I left Vertigo off my list.

Memento
Predator
Jaws
Jurassic Park
Edge of Tomorrow

Oh OK got it.

All oldies ( 2 B&W )

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
Suddenly, Last Summer
Hud
Imitation of Life
The Green Mile

Very enjoyable movie, are they still going to do a2nd?

Terminator 2
The Rock
Dark Knight Rises
The Dark Knight
Pirates of the Caribbean - Black Pearl

Yeah they are, the director was saying he has an awesome idea for another one- supposedly cruise loves the idea

@efc1robbo

Aren’t you forgetting something…ha ?

I’ll give you a clue…
“Game over man, Game over” !

1 Like

Rear window is very good.

Have you seen disturbia? More modern version with a kid under house arrest who suspects his neighbour of being a nut job

Lol you have no idea how hard it was to leave that off the list. I could watch that film everyday.

Ripley- this little girl survived all this tine
Hudson- WHY DONT YOU PUT HER IN CHARGE!

2 Likes

So many great lines from Hudson…so many.
That exchange with Vasquez when she turned the joke around on him :rofl:

1 Like

Can’t argue with any of that. As much as I love raiders, last crusade is my favourite for the father son dynamic that adds that extra bit

The Mummy is pure popcorn fun. Great action and lots of laughs. The less said about the new one the better. I like of lot of Tom cruises stuff but this was garbage

Bishop- I’ll go
Hudson- yeah man bishop should go!

Now I want to chuck the movie on again

2 Likes

The 3rd while being nowhere near as good as the 2nd one is still a pretty good film. The last 30min or so was top notch

The prison one ?
Nah, I hated that one.
None of the characters are likeable.

Alien & Aliens are 2 extraordinary Sci Fi suspense movies in slightly different ways.
I doubt anything will ever come close.
Unless you include Predator which is certainly within that genre, just feels different because it’s set on earth in predominantly daylight.
More of a popcorn movie I guess.

Princess Bride
Reservoir Dogs
Fantastic Mr Fox
Wings of Desire
Rumblefish

Five movies that I am always happy to rewatch:

• Shawshank Redemption
  • Die Hard
  • The Untouchables
  • Beverly Hills Cop
  • Aliens

And because five movies is nowhere near satisfying, I want to spew some other titles I’ve loved at stages in my life:

• Empire of the Sun
  • Various Nolan films (Memento, The Prestige, The Dark Knight…but lost me with Inception!)
  • Hanabi (Japanese film, bought the OST and started watching various Takeshi Kitano films)
  • Midnight Run (just a likeable action-comedy)
  • Intacto (Spanish sci-fi…anyone else seen it?)
  • Baseball films regularly satisfy me (eg. The Natural, Bull Durham, A League of their Own)

PS. And with a name like mine, National Lampoons Vacation, and Fletch, are obviously classics.

Word getting around is Nolen is considering remaking Memento.

Not sure how I feel about that.