At the movies

Haven’t seen the movie but read the Ender books.
Also - Sphere was ok from memory.
And Abyss…

Same reaction here. With the exception of Jackie Brown. He did that one completely straight and it works really well. I watch it whenever it’s on the box and still enjoy it. I also think Pulp Fiction is OK due to its strong plot line, but I didn’t make it to the end of Reservoir Dogs or any of the others.

That’s just like, your opinion, man.

4 Likes

Walter thinks you’re being anti-Semitic

Inglorious Basterds initial monologue.
Hopper vs Walken.
The path of the righteous man.
Like a Virgin.
I don’t tip.
This watch.

Motherfarker, pls.

Edit: ■■■ the three beers scene.

The movie lets the books down. Both the book from ender’s perspective and the one from beans’s perspective.

On the subject of sci fi book movies I’m still waiting for a starship troopers movie which is true to the Heinlein novel and that long promised forever war movie.

I don’t know why Tarantino hasn’t been offered a Bond gig yet

Edit: Or the Han Solo origin film? Han vs Greedo x100.
Han vs Jabba!
How badass would Fett be?
Nah, who we really need for that film is Ron Howard.

There’s a lot that can be said about Heinlein - but he is one of my favourite authors.

Bond would become a samurai or something?

I’m only taking the ■■■■. I love QT and it’s actually not a bad suggestion.

Also, I’m loving the love for Gattaca. In my top 5. Ridiculously good movie

3 Likes

Predestination is a great mindbending sci fi also.

Aussie made.

Bond would be Bond and he’d be smooth as ■■■■.
The special sub-villain (Jaws/oddjob etc.) would be a schoolgirl with a friggin’ spiked metal ball on a chain.
Whoops, okay, not that, But something equally cool.

“How would you like your martini Mr Bond?”

Bond quickly takes out a rocket launcher and blows the barmaid’s head off

“How you like YOUR MARTINI, B/TCH?”

dance interlude

I can live with that.
As long as I get the three beers scene with the major villain, real stunts, and a friggin’ awesome minor villain.

The movie let’s the idea of a book down.

Love Wes Anderson! His style really resonates with me. TRT is only a millimetre behind The Life Aquaric fur me. The Darjeeling Limited is also magnificent.

1 Like

Royal Tennenbaum’s is still his best.

The Man in the Glass Booth - an ex-Nazi is on put on trial for crimes against humanity, only things aren’t all that straight forward. Written by the actor Robert Shaw (The Sting) and featuring an outstanding performance by Maximillian Schell who appears to have been born for this part. This is the best Holocaust related movie l have seen.

This is also the movie l left off my last post.

The Life Aquatic is my fave Anderson effort. Bill Murray is brilliant in that and also in Where the Buffalo Roam, where he plays gonzo journalist Hunter S. Thompson covering the Nixon election. Craps all over the Johnny Depp effort to portray Thompson in Fear and Loathing in Los Vegas, but then, that wouldn’t be hard.

Fantastic Mr Fox rules! Directed, produced, screenplay and starring Wes as Stan Weasel.

Fixed.

2 Likes