At the movies

Thought it was the weakest of the Cornetto Trilogy.

Worlds End is the weakest in my opinion.

1 Like

by far. almost unwatchable.

1 Like

yep.

For mine its Hot Fuzz then Shaun.

Such a good movie.

Highly recommended.

Hot Fuzz is one of the greats.

1 Like

Yep, for mine its his best film.

With Baby Driver a close second.

FWIW Iā€™ve never rewatched Worldā€™s End, but I remember finding it hilarious? Maybe I need toā€¦

Its watchable but no where near as good as his other films.

Just saw The Teacher.

Very happy to recommend it. One of the better films I have seen this year.

Shade thrown at Shaun?

Apparently they are working on a sequel to Sicario.

Not sure thatā€™s entirely necessary.

1 Like

Edgar Wright is overrated.

1 Like

Saw Only the Brave recently, about granite mountain fire fighters- very good film but emotionally exhausting

Watched a movie called Tremors- pretty entertaining B grade stuff

Brewsterā€™s millions- a guy has to spend 30million in 30 days but canā€™t have anything to show for it at the end. If he succeeds he inherits 300million. Pretty funny stuff

Dr Strange wasnā€™t half bad. Goes to show just how high low expectations can elevate a movie.

Mi5. See above. Swedish actress was enchanting.

Steve Jobs, the one with Winslet and Fassbender. Solid performances and decent script. Jobs comes across as a pretty vile individual to be honest. How does a guy like him become so lauded in society? Depressing really.

Always blows me away how people have idolised this guy, just because he was a great businessman who came up with a great plan. Iā€™ve spent time with him, and I can tell you he wasnā€™t all that impressive.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a good scene in the movie where Wozniak calls him out for basically contributing nothing. Not a coder, not an engineer, not a designer. In the movie jobs compares himself to a conductor. Of course a conductor is a very accomplished musician in his/her own right so the comparison isnā€™t really apt. What could jobs actually do?

I reckon ā€˜composerā€™ is apt, actually.
Very intelligent guy, with a clear vision, a ā€˜no-compromiseā€™ attitude, self-confident, self-believing. Inspirational in that his confidence inspires others. Not overly concerned with anyone else, or their opinions and ideals, and feelings. Treated people a little like tools.

Except a composer can, you know, write and play the music.

At best heā€™s the big picture guy. Sfw.

Totally agree.

4 Likes