At the movies

I think I’d rather poke pins in my eyes.

Manchester by the sea was excellent. It’s not uplifting by any stretch but the story is excellent, the acting superb and the direction is fantastic.

I felt wrung out emotionally by the end but in a good way. Highly recommended.

1 Like

I binge watched the whole lot of the new Wolfe Creek series on Stan a few days` ago .
Great show ,but it is getting upsettingly too violent.
The day after i saw this , i watched Ned Kelly on tv ,which was very bland ,in comparison.

Never understood the hype around wolf creek. Watching a violent sadistic person torture innocent people and then he doesn’t even get defeated or killed at the end, the bad guy wins. Ugh

1 Like

PUT THE COOKIE DOWN.

Cool - won’t have to watch it now!

Wonder Woman. Standard big budger super hero movie except this time with a woman. Bit underwhelming. 5/10

Atomic Blonde. Charlize has been in some giid ones lately. Loved this. 8/10

The Hitmans Bodyguard. How often can Samuel L Jackson say “■■■■■■■■■■■■”? Enough for them to incorporate it as a joke in the script. Gary Oldmans pretty good in it. 6/10

Love when he is in the kids play area. All the mums start hitting him- then in his accent says “ I’m not a pervert”

2 Likes

It’s an underrated gem next to Santa with Muscles.

Is atomic blonde available on Netflix? I was spewing I missed it at the cinema.

Jingle had Phil Hartman as well

Saw The Florida Project today. Remarkably good film! 10/10. Best movie I have seen in a long time.

Went and saw Coco this afternoon, was pretty good, would recommend if you have young kids.

Just got around to watching The Snowman.

Wow, what a mess.

Along with unpacking the book and starting to re read it again the other day, … that reminds me, that "The Falcon & The Snowman" was also made into a pretty good film, with Timothy Hutton & a young Sean Penn in one of his 1st roles that showed he had real talent,

A good watch if you can find it.

Book is even better, the true story of Christopher Boyse, an ultimate whistle blower from the depths of CIA intelligence, who turns on his Government and sells secrets to the Russians when he discovers that as well as interfering with other foreign Governments, they instigate & assist getting our own Gough Whitlam removed from office.

No, …really.

The falcon and the snowman is a good film.

Back when Timothy Hutton had a career on the back of a very dubious Academy Award.

Actually everything about Ordinary People was dubious.

Nominations for the most guilty of pleasures.

Mine is Lake Placid.

Not going to win any awards but I’m a sucker for dodgy B Grade creature flicks.

Anyone game enough to own up to movies they love but shouldn’t?

Mars Attacks

1 Like

Underworld movies. But no guilt.

Elizabethtown…there’s something about Kirsten Dunst

and

Mulholland Falls…there’s something about Jennifer Connelly before she dropped 15 kg.

2 Likes