At the movies

Yeah watched it a 3rd time, one of my all times

The dynamic between the boy that dies at seas and the captain. Both searching for sometime more at sea (a grieving father and a boy in search of a father figure)

Watch ‘Dark Hour’ on the plane, oh my Garry Goldman is a star

Watched “a quite place” tonight. About a family trying to survive monsters. If you make a sound they come for you. Have never seen a film that from the first minute to the last minute is tension filled. Just brilliant stuff.

9.5/10

2 Likes

Taylor Sheridan wrote it so more than happy to back him in.

im not holding out hope tbh, from what i’ve seen in terms of info, doesn’t look bright.

might just skip it like season 6 of dexter.

Maudie 2016 115 minutes. 10 / 10
Directed by Aisling Walsh with Sally Hawkins (The Shape of Water) and Ethan Hawke. A co-production of Ireland and Canada, based on the life of folk artist Maud Lewis, who painted in Nova Scotia, set in the 1950’s - 1970’s. Maud struggles with arthritis, the memory of a lost child, and a family that doubts her ability to look after herself. Striving for independence, she takes a job as maid with a reclusive fish peddler. Hawke gives a nuanced performance, quite the best work l have seen him do, but the film belongs to Hawkins, with an outstanding and moving portrayal. Their relationship is not a smooth one, as Maude struggles to overcome, the surly attitude of her hsband. Despite their differing personalities, they marry as her folk art gains in popularity. The film was shot in Newfoundland and Labrador.

1 Like

Saw Ready Player One tonight, very enjoyable. Lots of nostalgia, sme funny moments, cool action.

How they got freedom to use so many characters, nods to different movies I will never know.

Very fun film

1 Like

Enjoyed the book.
Looking forward to the film.
Would you recommend Imax?

IMAX seems like the perfect place to watch it to be honest.

1 Like

The Death Of Stalin is a worthwhile look.

2 Likes

Ooh, didn’t realise this was out. Everything Armando Iannucci does is gold, so keen to see it.

A Quiet Place

Edge of your seat suspense thriller.
Great performances by all.

Best horror/suspense I’ve seen for years.

1 Like

Directed by Jim Halpert

2 Likes

Saw Blunt and a clip from it on Colbert the other night. Looked kinda freaky.

Interestingly written by, directed and co-starring her hubby, John Krasinski.

It seems that everyone that made cod frag vids are now editing movie trailers. ACTION SYNCED TO MUSIC IS MY JAM

2 Likes

Also just quietly this looks starship trooper ■■■■ good.

1 Like

Although nothing will EVER be Starship Troopers good, this does look groovy.

■■■■ YEAH STATHAM,

Hopefully Ruby Rose’s character is killed off in the opening credits.

1 Like

hahahaha

Did you like her on john wick 2?

theres something about someone pretending to be mute.

I find people being attracted to her disturbing, in that she looks like a 9yo boy.

1 Like