At the movies

All a bit weird talking about how actresses look for mine, … does how they look affect how good they can act?

If they look good but can’t act if their life depended on it, is that ok?

I mean, … go and watch something altogether else if you just care to perv on women you think look good, … fk.

I’ve never seen a Jen Lawrence movie. Can she act? or not?

Never seen Ami in a film either, but I’ve watched her TV show and seen a fair bit of her stand up. Can be really funny at times, and she is certainly fkn fearless, … there’s nowhere she won’t go AFAICT.

1 Like

She’s won an Oscar and been nominated 3 other times. Given shes under 30 that’s pretty phenomenal. Can act.

3 Likes

So she can act, … surely that’s all that matters, … right?

EDIT; Ahh, I tell a lie then, I have seen S L Playbook somewhere along the line, so I have seen her, … fkd IICR it though.

I perv on the bloke actors too.

2 Likes

She’s no Saoirse Ronan.

I find commenting on actresses looks somewhat normal but what’s generally going down in the Guelfi thread is plain strange.

What does it matter if someone comments if an actor is attractive or not?

Sometimes being attractive is a key part of landing a role.

You think rebel Wilson is going to be red sparrow?

Also the villainess is a better version.

Of course looks matter. They matter a lot, for men as well as women. Most movies have love stories in them, and you can’t have the handsome man falling in love with the beautiful woman if they’re both played by ugly and overweight geriatrics, no matter how well they can act.

Just watched sicario. Good movie.

About time. It’d a masterpiece of Tenison.

2 Likes

Saying you dislike Jennifer Lawrence is just being contrarian. Haven’t seen Mother though. Happy with Red Sparrow.

She can play the part of a woman much older than her real age, eg Joy or American Hustle.

She’s boring. Looks boring too. Has a boring personality, and the movies she’s in are generally boring.

1 Like

Winters Bone is still Jennifer Lawrence’s best film.

3 Likes

I think I’ve only seen her in Silver Linings Playbook that I thought was a bullshit film in which she and the love interest (forget who now, and don’t care) played bullshit characters, and I didn’t think she was attractive at all.

Actually, that would be quite normal. The pairing part, that is, not the casting, as ‘ugly and overweight geriatrics’ as you put it are unlikely to ‘star’ in any movie coming out of Hollywood. What would be unusual, would be if only one of those person fit the descriptors.

1 Like

Women like him, what can I say?
And I don’t fancy her, either.

This.

Then I watched her deteriorate into just another product of mainstream Hollywood.

1 Like

Well, if you lot don’t want her, that leaves her for me. Thanks!

1 Like