At the movies

The only one of these 3 l have seen and l thought it was pretty good, tense and gritty as you say.

1 Like
1 Like

Another Halloween remake fmd? Can’t they come up with something original instead? So it looks like it replaces Halloween 2.
Question for the movie buffs here - what movie has had the most remakes?
Who am I kidding though, I will probably still watch it as a horror fan.
Still love the soundtrack, wonder how it would go down in the dj thread lol.

1 Like

Halloween theme is amazing…one of the most iconic themes in the horror genre, on par with The Exorcist theme

1 Like

I’ve never been able to get into the Exorcist theme, the Omen theme otoh…

Thats actually looks reasonable

1 Like

Pretty sure John carpenter performed the theme song himself also

1 Like

Stole the rhythm from his dad.
Bongos, I think.
I have no idea how I know that.

1 Like

Halloween is a classic

Hereditary is OK. it’s not the scariest movie ever like other reviews would have you believe. It’s more like a family drama with a few supernatural elements thrown in. There are a couple of scenes which will stay with me forever. More due to how well they’re shot and acted than the actual content.

The acting is great, it looks great, story is ok enough but it’s nothing original, super predictable and falls in a heap at the end. I read that test audiences weren’t fans of the original ending so instead we get a massive exposition dump (even though most of it had already been explained or alluded to during the film). And it goes for over two hours so it slightly overstays it’s welcome.

6/10.

2 Likes

Annihilation

Not my genre of film, but amazing.

Natalie Portman knocked it out of the park.

Beautiful scenes and score and leaves you thinking

The husband’s name is a play of Adam and Eve?

2 Likes

Man I hate trailers like this. It’s literally a condensed version of the movie itself. And we already know the outcome!

Mate I hate to break it to you…but we do indeed have a man walk on the moon.

2 Likes

Nobody tell Simmo we won WW2

1 Like

THERE WAS A SEQUEL???

4 Likes

They had to change the name of The Madness of King George III for American audiences because they’d think that because they hadn’t seen the first two in the trilogy, so they wouldn’t go.

4 Likes

I watched it recently. Thought it was pretty ordinary despite some good bits.

Saw it about a month ago. Very thought provoking. A chick flick with a difference.

How is it a “chick flick”?

Watched it tonight. Very good. Loved the fact that the “aliens” didn’t have the usual kill and destroy agenda.