At the movies

Old Boy is very good.

I saw the devil and The Chaser are two more very good Korean films as well.

Along with another dozen or so others.

Korean film has been very strong over the last 15 years or so.

Seems that way. Must have inspired Hyundai

1 Like

I tend to avoid the blockbusters. I enjoyed A Simple Favour last week. I generally like the Coen brothers. I like films of particular genres, and horror, space fiction and superhero movies are not three of those genres, nor is much “crass comedy” which the likes of Ferrell, Sandler occupy.

What is your favourite superhero film though, surely you have seen a couple?

The Host is a pretty entertaining movie

The Raid 1 and 2 are still the best foreign films I have seen. Hard Boiled just behind Raid 2

1 Like

Superhero films of the last 7-8 years have been utter ■■■■.

1 Like

Alien and Aliens back to back at Melbourne IMAX on wed night.

Going to be awesome. Some films just don’t get old.

5 Likes

Batman trilogy was pretty good.
Dunno if bale was right man for the job

Raid 1 & 2 are class

1 Like

Never heard of them. Not likely to look them up either.

You are missing out Noonan.

I would say the fight scenes are some of the best put on screen.

Both films were made in Indonesia on shoestring budgets and no CGI but hugely innovative. Just pure filmmaking and incredible editing.

1 Like

From memory Raid was so well regarded by Abrams he put the cast in Star Wars Episode 7. They got eaten by the big bowling ball monster thing that was chasing Han.

1 Like

Just the way the films are payed out, just brilliant. As good as the fight scenes were in the first one, the 2nd raises the bar to a standard I don’t think can be beat. That last one in the hallway and kitchen…just wow

1 Like

There is a film coming out called ‘The Nun’ - watched the trailer

Seriously, who the fark watches that short of ■■■■■

Seriously no, NO NO NO

NOOOOOO

When a young nun at a cloistered abbey in Romania takes her own life, a priest with a haunted past and a novitiate on the threshold of her final vows are sent by the Vatican to investigate. Together, they uncover the order’s unholy secret. Risking not only their lives but their faith and their very souls, they confront a malevolent force in the form of a demonic nun.

I’d watch it.
Do they turn into sexy vampires?

I enjoy watching supernatural horror - guessing you’re not a horror fan.

You’d be better off going and finding someone who gives a ■■■■.

1 Like

If you want sexy vampires, try The Hunger with David Bowie, Catherine Deneuve and Susan Sarandon.

Or a swag of Hammer Horror movies.

1 Like

Not a bad flick, that one.
Though I’ve never really likes Susan Sarandon. Possibly because she looks so much like my sister.

She’s never got to me either. Catherine Deneuve, on the other hand, has. And the scene between the two of them…