At the movies

Wrong, all of it

Cover 10 on 10

La Haine. Really good.

1 Like

Bohemian Rhapsody. Not going to win any awards. And it glosses over some of the most interesting (but less palatable) parts of the story. But itā€™s a heap of fun, the music is obviously fabulous and Rami Malek rips up every scene heā€™s in. Recommend

6 Likes

Am going to see it Thursday night, so thanks for the info. :slightly_smiling_face:

yeah I enjoyed it a lot, even though it was a pretty bland story (not to mention the blatant lies re timelines and events!) But the music was sensational, and Rami Malek was amazing. Will head back to see it again next weekend :slight_smile:

Who plays Brian mays hair

1 Like

I watched The Green Room, a film about a punk band trapped after playing a gig for neo-nazis, on Netflix.
I was looking for something a bit offbeat, would have preferred some smart sci-fi but didnā€™t see anything that appealed.
Patrick Stewart was okay.
Itā€™s quite graphic in parts, very dark (as in you canā€™t see much) for a lot of it.
On the whole I probably wouldnā€™t bother.

1 Like

Went to see Bohemian Rhapsody tonight agree with @SMJ and @Koala re being entertaining and yes the music was fabulous (am still singing Radio Gaga in my mind).

All the performances were good and Rami Malek was outstanding.

(reckon even Freddy would have loved his performance)

3 Likes

Saw Eyes Wide Shut last night since it was on TV. Honestly reckon itā€™s one of Kubricksā€™ better movies, despite popular opinion saying otherwise. Not as pretentious as his earlier stuff and I think that helped convey his messages. The more I think about it, the more I like it.

Watching jaws.
Still terrifying.

4 Likes

I reckon Malek has the capacity to be one of the great actors of his generation (or any generation).

Yep, he has the capacity and I hope he develops into a great actor.

I have not seen him in anything else (as yet), so checked out what other movies he has been in, havenā€™t seen any of them.

Will have to watch a few now. :slightly_smiling_face:

I went and saw Bohemian Rhapsody today. Very enjoyable (in some regards). Poor old Mary! I always thought Youā€™re My Best Friend was written for her, but it was written by one of the others.

Live-Aid scenes were great. Had Freddy really been diagnosed by the time of Live-Aid, because he died 6 years later. I thought the illness time was 2-3 years.

At least they can put Luna Parkā€™s teeth back in now.

I didnā€™t recognise Brian May as one of Barnabyā€™s sergeants in Midsomer Murders. Iā€™m sure he didnā€™t have that hair in MM.

And Eugene Sledge from The Pacific as John Deacon.

But Aiden Gillen copped his karma whack for his arseholiness in GOTā€¦and I didnā€™t recognise Mike Myers.

Donā€™t know, think I read somewhere he was diagnosed in 1987.

For GOT watchers, took me half the movie to figure out where I had seen their manager before, he is Littlefinger in GOT.

1 Like

Heā€™s Mayor Carcetti from The Wire

4 Likes

Oh OK, I know The Wire, but have never watched it.

Never go to the cinema these days but will make an effort for Bohemian Rhapsody.

Funny thing is Iā€™ve always been a huge Queen fan but thought that song is totally overrated in their catalogue.
Bit like Stairway with Zep and Jump with VH.

Nice to read people are enjoying the flick.
Has encouraged me to go see it.

1 Like

Heā€™s also been in the mini series 'The Pacific" and ā€œMr Robotā€

Thanks, think I am going to have to find some time to watch some of these shows and movies.