At the movies

I reckon method is a load of wank, don’t need to be a ■■■■ to be a character.

1 Like

You don’t watch enough movies, do you? You’re meant to cut out the eyes! :wink:

1 Like

Sean Penn in Carlitos way is one of my favourite performances of all time.

And I acknowledge Hanks loves a good biographic/ based on real life tear jerker, but that doesn’t undermine the quality of the performance itself.

2 Likes

Falcon and the Snowman was when I first saw his talent.

There’s a reason Hanks is so bankable, he doesn’t play hard roles but not many can play the role he does. He’s not a hero, a villain, or sex symbol, he’s not comedic relief. He just plays the honest ordinary man. Which most lead roles are not.

Hanks has a limited range, he knows it, but has been very successful playing that range.

How could anyone personally dislike Tom Hanks? Aside from his acting what has he ever actually done, one way or another? No-one really knows anything much about his personal life

He’s the devil

1 Like

There’s been a river of stupid flowing through here today.

A good reminder to take anything posted with a very large grain.

Any questions?

1 Like

Can’t agree with you there.

To be fair most awards are rubbish now anyway.

Only “now”?

:joy::joy::joy:

Should I be scared?

I think it comes down to their respective choices in movies.

Tom Hanks plays the All America cans roles and DDL likes more character driven artsy movies.

Tom Hanks should have stuck to comedy.

1 Like

Works for some people. This may turn into another Art vs Entertainment ordeal so I won’t go further, just to say Hanks is probably your airport novel to Lewis’ more cerebral fare. Say your James Patterson to Cormac McCarthy. Both have their virtues.

1 Like

The razzies generally get it right

I usually miss the contenders, so I’ll have to take their word for it

I reckon he’s got range and he can certainly move you if the material is strong, but I agree re choices. Philadelphia was a brave movie to make at the time.

1 Like

How many farkin days are you cats going to spend discussing Tom Hanks? Jeepers

3 Likes

Got somebody else in mind?

How do we feel about Jim Carey?

He made a damn animated tv special!