At the movies

The steel bolt through the old eight-day clock? Or is it in the McNuggets?

I’m not really one for piercings or tattoos.

Just watched Bad times at El Royale.

Thought it was good.

Not generally a fan of Chris Hemsworth but I thought he was very good in this. First time I have actually seen him act since Rush which I also thought he was good in.

1 Like

Not your everyday Banana Splits - R Rated Na na na, nanna na

1 Like

I only watched that a few weeks ago…I enjoyed but it felt a bit like a Pulp Fiction rip off.

I’d be interested to know if the writer/director cites Tarantino as an influence.

1 Like

It was definitely heavily stylised like a Tarantino film.

Good cast

1 Like

She actually made me like a superhero flick which is a hard thing to do.

Then again if she appeared in anything I’d probably like it also.

1 Like

felt as ■■■■ as pulp fiction, thats for sure.

sensational actress.

galactically gorgeous

l used to watch the Banana Splits when l was a bout 20, even got my mum watching it with me. l loved the whole show from beginning to end, including the Jan Michael Vincent action/pirate piece in the middle, Adventure Island (withChingo!) l will be interested to see what this is about.

Last night my wife and l saw Tokien. Not an action piece, and since it wasn’t about Super heroes she promptly fell asleep for most of it. It is a biopic of the great writer and goes into great detail about his early life, intercut with scenes of utter devestation from WW1, as he tries to find one of his childhood friends on the charnel house that was the battlefield. Nicholas Hoult (the young boy from About A Boy & Mad Max, thunder Road), leads the cast with with Lili Collins as his love interest and stalwarts Colm Meaney and Derek Jacobi in support. 7/10

1 Like

For those interested in an introduction to Korean cinema then I highly recommend starting at the top and watching a Bong Joon-Ho film.

He is not only the best Korean director but in my opinion top 5 working directors in the world.

For the record I rate his films:

1. Memories of Murder
  2. Mother
  3. The Host
  4. Okja
  5. Snowpiercer
  6. Barking dogs never bite.
  • Haven’t seen Parasite yet but it recently took out Cannes top award the Palme d’Or.

http://www.tasteofcinema.com/2019/all-7-bong-joon-ho-movies-ranked-from-worst-to-best/

2 Likes

Of the 5 only seen Snowpiecer. Enjoyed it.

(Happy New Year :slightly_smiling_face:)

2 Likes

새해 복 많이 받으세요

:grinning:

1 Like

Is the new Godzilla kid friendly

Yeah pretty much. There is monster action, a few tense scenes , a couple of swear words, only 1 f word. How old are the kids?

8 and 6 - when does the f bomb come up and who drops it

I think I heard ‘bald-headed flog’ in there once.

3 Likes

maybe about halfway through. One of the main characters but can’t remember who. They should be fine, it’s pretty loud though at certain parts and quite a few monsters- depends if they get scared by those.

did they see the last godzilla that came out? were they ok with that one?

this is the parental guide from imdb for the movie that can be useful sometimes (warning there are some spoilers in there)

New Toy Story currently 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. I have very high hopes

IGN gave it 9.5/10 too

really looking forward to it