At the movies

Most of the movie is the actual battle. But it’s all done on a small scale given the relatively small number of Australian troops that were involved.
It’s done well imo.

1 Like

New Tarantino is great. One of his best.

And if you think you know how it’s going to end - think again.

1 Like

Went and saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood this arvo.

They didn’t have subtitles. Got to say I’m unfamiliar with this.

Pretty ■■■■■■■ good, but I still rate Pulp Fiction as his best.

Hands down the most disturbing thing I’ve seen in a cinema. Made Irreversible feel like a Disney film…

1 Like

You’re just about set for a cracker…

2 Likes

Hollywood was alright. It seemed to lack a little somethin somethin that makes Tarantino movies great. I think for me it was a lack of 6 or so characters’ stories all coming together at certain parts of the movie. It was just three main characters without much a story each either. But it was a really great ending, but you have to be familiar with the Sharon Tate story otherwise it probably won’t have that big of an affect.

2 Likes

Watched up to number 5 recently.

1 & 2 speak for themselves. Great films.

After that the quality drops a bit I reckon but at least the boxing opponents are memorable.

I thought the boxing scenes against Ivan Drago in particular were very good.

Rocky 5 is a steaming pile of ■■■■ though and I wish I could unwatch it.

2 Likes
1 Like

Rocky 5 is an abomination

I loved rocky balboa and loved the creed films

2 Likes

C’mon, punk. Touch me and I’ll sue :facepunch:

2 Likes

Maybe not for this thread but Breaking bad movie coming to Netflix. Trailer has been released, no date as yet.

1 Like

Pretty sure there was a date, October sometime from memory

4 Likes

Counting down the days to see this. Haven’t been this excited to see a film since Glass

2 Likes

It’s either going to be one of the best films of recent history or absolutely suck ■■■. Don’t think there’s a middle ground with a movie like this.

Excited to see how it turns out.

1 Like

It had Joaquin Phoenix in it. It won’t suck

1 Like

Strangest choice of director I can remember for such a risky movie.

Hate agreeing with Alex but it’s boom or bust.

Haha :joy:

1 Like

I saw Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood last night at the Astor in 35 mm. I thought it was a bit of a mess really, and that Tarantino really didn’t have any idea what it was supposed to be about except that it was to be set at the end of the 60s. It was kind of a buddy movie but the buddy story didn’t go anywhere. It was kind of about the Manson family but he changed the ending and made it into a ridiculous violent farce.

It was full of the usual Tarantino stuff: lots of shouting, constant use of the word ■■■■ (much more than it would actually have been used at that time), lots of songs from the time and lots of period detail.

It’s probably better than Avengers xxiv or whatever other comic book films are on, but was it a good film? I don’t think so. I like films that have a point and this one doesn’t.

1 Like

If it had been the real ending, it would have been extremely violent…but far from ridiculous or a darce.