At the movies

I watched Olympus Has Fallen last night.

Never pretended to be anything other than a dumb action flick. Lots of violence and swearing, but very distinct lack of boobs and Steven Seagal. 8/10

surely that is a good thing

I'm looking at viewing Primer and then the new film by that director.
Someone want to tell me whether or not I should bother?

Haven't seen new one but Primer is one GIANT mindfuck. Don't watch if those types of movies give you the ■■■■■. Personally I love It have watched it three times and got something new out of it each time.

I'm looking at viewing Primer and then the new film by that director.
Someone want to tell me whether or not I should bother?

Haven't seen new one but Primer is one GIANT mindfark. Don't watch if those types of movies give you the ■■■■■. Personally I love It have watched it three times and got something new out of it each time.

Haven't been able to download it yet.
Better than Cube?

Much better than Cube. But you may need to watch it twice.

Lol.
Just finished.
Only twice?
■■■■■■ hell.

I just gave the old Robocop a watch. Quality fare.

I watched Olympus Has Fallen last night.

Never pretended to be anything other than a dumb action flick. Lots of violence and swearing, but very distinct lack of boobs and Steven Seagal. 8/10

surely that is a good thing

Go watch Under Siege again and see if you hold the same opinion.

Lol.
Just finished.
Only twice?
■■■■■■ hell.

Twice did it.
There's a couple of wtf? scenes that you have very little chance of getting the first time.

Just watched The Truman Show for the 8th time. Still the best movie ever.

I went and saw Woody Allen’s new film Blue Jasmine, which is essentially an adaptation of A Streetcar Named Desire. Cate Blanchett has been left destitute by the arrest and subsequent suicide by her crooked husband, Alec Baldwin, and moves to San Francisco to live with her “normal” sister, Sally Hawkins who’s having her own relationship issues.

Jasmine is a very fragile drunk who refuses to accept her circumstances, but gets in a relationship with a guy with political ambitions. It’s not exactly a morality play. But I enjoyed it…about an 8/10

Just watched The Truman Show for the 8th time. Still the best movie ever.

Love the film. Always laugh at the guy in the tub holding on to his shower curtain screaming "YOU CAN DO IT, HOLD ON"

Just watched Airplane! (1980), To Catch a Thief(1955), Singing In the Rain (1952), Calamity Jane (1953), Blazing Saddles (1974), Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954),  Along came Jones(1945), Casablanca (1942), Cool Hand Luke (1967), Saturday Night Fever (1977), The Great Escape (1963), Carmen Jones (1954) and a heap of Elvis movies from his catalogue, Jailhouse Rock, Loving You, Flaming Star, G.I. Blues, Blue Hawaii, Follow That Dream, Girls Girls Girls, Kid Galahad, Fun in Acapulco, It happened at the World's Fair, Roustabout and Viva Las Vegas. Will watch the rest as time permits . Some brilliant movies in that lot, as well as some not so in the Elvis ones, but they were always good to hear the King sing, and they pass a boring day away nicely as some light hearted entertainment.

Have lined up, Shane (1953), Sunset Boulevard (1950), High Plains Drifter (1973), Donnie Darko - Director's Cut (2001), Don's Party (1976), The Odd Angry Shot (1979), The Thief of Bagdad (1940) and The Wizard of Oz (1939). Some great viewing ahead.

Just watched Airplane! (1980), To Catch a Thief(1955), Singing In the Rain (1952), Calamity Jane (1953), Blazing Saddles (1974), Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954), Along came Jones(1945), Casablanca (1942), Cool Hand Luke (1967), Saturday Night Fever (1977), The Great Escape (1963), Carmen Jones (1954) and a heap of Elvis movies from his catalogue, Jailhouse Rock, Loving You, Flaming Star, G.I. Blues, Blue Hawaii, Follow That Dream, Girls Girls Girls, Kid Galahad, Fun in Acapulco, It happened at the World's Fair, Roustabout and Viva Las Vegas. Will watch the rest as time permits . Some brilliant movies in that lot, as well as some not so in the Elvis ones, but they were always good to hear the King sing, and they pass a boring day away nicely as some light hearted entertainment.
Have lined up, Shane (1953), Sunset Boulevard (1950), High Plains Drifter (1973), Donnie Darko - Director's Cut (2001), Don's Party (1976), The Odd Angry Shot (1979), The Thief of Bagdad (1940) and The Wizard of Oz (1939). Some great viewing ahead.

There are some truly great films in there (not counting the Elvis ones: I've never managed to watch more than about 5 minutes of an Elvis film).
What's the occasion? Are you trying to catch up on the classics just to see what they're like, or is there some particular reason?
If you're looking for truly great films to watch, try Vertigo, High Society and The Player (Robert Altman).

I watched Spartacus on the ABC today. So weird not watching a movie and pausing it every now and then to wander off and get something.

Just watched Airplane! (1980), To Catch a Thief(1955), Singing In the Rain (1952), Calamity Jane (1953), Blazing Saddles (1974), Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954), Along came Jones(1945), Casablanca (1942), Cool Hand Luke (1967), Saturday Night Fever (1977), The Great Escape (1963), Carmen Jones (1954) and a heap of Elvis movies from his catalogue, Jailhouse Rock, Loving You, Flaming Star, G.I. Blues, Blue Hawaii, Follow That Dream, Girls Girls Girls, Kid Galahad, Fun in Acapulco, It happened at the World's Fair, Roustabout and Viva Las Vegas. Will watch the rest as time permits . Some brilliant movies in that lot, as well as some not so in the Elvis ones, but they were always good to hear the King sing, and they pass a boring day away nicely as some light hearted entertainment.

There are some truly great films in there (not counting the Elvis ones: I've never managed to watch more than about 5 minutes of an Elvis film).
What's the occasion? Are you trying to catch up on the classics just to see what they're like, or is there some particular reason?
If you're looking for truly great films to watch, try Vertigo, High Society and The Player (Robert Altman).

No occasion, just love watching good old movies evry now and again. Will check your ones out.  Will also try to find the original Cape Fear with Robert Mitchum, so much better than De Niro's effort.

No occasion, just love watching good old movies evry now and again. Will check your ones out.  Will also try to find the original Cape Fear with Robert Mitchum, so much better than De Niro's effort.

It would be interesting to hear everyone's favorite actors/actresses. For me, Marlon Brando is one of my all time faves - The Godfather & Streetcar. I should get around to watching 'On The Waterfront'.

It would be interesting to hear everyone's favorite actors/actresses. For me, Marlon Brando is one of my all time faves - The Godfather & Streetcar. I should get around to watching 'On The Waterfront'.

Very hard to choose as there have been so many greats over the years, but I will say I have always had a soft spot for Cary Grant. To me he was always the smoothest, suavest and most elegant man on the screen. It would seem that Hollywood almost agreed with me, having voted him the second greatest ever male star behind Humphrey Bogart.

For me it would be Peter O'Toole, just so many great roles over the last 50 years, so many fine films he has enhanced by his mere presence. l don't have the time to post in here as much as l used to or as much as l would like to. l am still watching plenty of movies and yesterday scooped up about 10 Japanese titles from the 1950's and 1960's. More on them later. 

Garden Of Words.   8.5 / 10   2013   46 minutes.

Japanese animation set in contemporary Tokyo. Directed by Makato Shinkai. The level of detail in this animation has to be seen to be believed, right down to chalk dust and a red beam of light from  the side of a building. Now l have seen one, l want to find more. The story is so - so, about a young couple that meet in a park on rainy days. lt gets into some strange areas and l think l will leave it at that.

Life of Oharu. (Criterion Collection Edition).   9 / 10   1952   136 minutes.

Japanese production. Drama chronicling the life of a fallen woman set in the late 17th century.

From lover to concubine, to courtesan, to wife, novice and prostitute. At times it steps a bit too close to what we often think of as melodrama, and it is unrelenting most of the time. Screenplay co-written and directed by Kenzi Mizugochi with Kinuyo Tanaka (Ohura).

I just got back from seeing Riddick.
A one word review is all it takes.
■■■■■.

Riddick: The Fast & The Furyans no good? Surely not!?