Attention EFC - Show Us Hirdy

Dear EFC, I know you read this from time to time so heres my request: Get Hirdy out there for all to see on Saturday. I know he doesnt have a match day role, but that doesnt mean he can't sit in the box with the injured players & walk out on the ground with the support staff. A lot of thought goes into how you can make match day better for the fans (things like the air raid siren etc.) this one is a no brainer. We've watched this guy get smashed by the idiotic press all year for the club, it has been massively painful to watch he deserves to get all the praise & well wishes that are coming to him directly from us at the game on Saturday. You want to make Saturday a great day for Essendon football club members? Smash Carlton, storm into the finals & let us see Hirdy enjoying it with us.

Dear EFC, I know you read this from time to time so heres my request: Get Hirdy out there for all to see on Saturday. I know he doesnt have a match day role, but that doesnt mean he can't sit in the box with the injured players & walk out on the ground with the support staff. A lot of thought goes into how you can make match day better for the fans (things like the air raid siren etc.) this one is a no brainer. We've watched this guy get smashed by the idiotic press all year for the club, it has been massively painful to watch he deserves to get all the praise & well wishes that are coming to him directly from us at the game on Saturday. You want to make Saturday a great day for Essendon football club members? Smash Carlton, storm into the finals & let us see Hirdy enjoying it with us.

and to add to that ... IF all parties have agreed already that he will have no match day active role this year (regular Home and away game or finals) - then let us see him, suited up, Essendon Tie on, sitting in the outer with Paul Little and co, Tania by his side, cheering the boys on openly and for everyone (especially the media) to see. 

If we, your members and fans would get a massive lift and sense of joy from this, one can only imagine the boys out there playing the game would lift also - could be the best pre game rev up speaker imaginable going into our first final!

please don't keep him under a figurative rock for the next (hopefully) 5 weeks. 

Hirdy's icebucket challenge at half time, make it happen.

Essendon please... we need this

I am probably in the minority on here but I really just don't care much one way or the other how they handle all this. My concern is about the Essendon Football Club and the playing group at any given time that runs out on the weekend. Of course I loved James Hird as a player, although not immune from some fault it does appear he has been harshly judged and treated with all this but let's not over do the hero worship. If he is coaching in 2015 and the playing group are cool with it and have embraced him that is awesome but this 2014 season is alive, this CLUB this TEAM is finally involved in finals footy and doesn't it feel ■■■■■■ good. That is all I care about and am focused on as a supporter. Do people really care about how Hird is portrayed or what he is doing on game day? C'mon. This has been Bomber's campaign lets give it everything and try to go as far as we possibly can in September. When it is done, then Hirdy take the floor my man.

Individuals come and go, the club remains. Go Dons.

I've accepted Essendon's decision on this, but I will say that a few supporters have offered the opinion, unprompted, to me that by not publicly welcoming Hird back to Essendon, the club have missed an opportunity.

I've accepted Essendon's decision on this, but I will say that a few supporters have offered the opinion, unprompted, to me that by not publicly welcoming Hird back to Essendon, the club have missed an opportunity.

So you're saying Rodski's position is untenable? 

So you're saying Rodski's position is untenable? 

I realise you're joking but, even so, I want to make it clear that I'm not having a go at the club about this decision.

I'm sure they've spent many hours considering how best to manage Hird's return, and I'm not going to armchair coach them about it.

I'm simply saying that 'ordinary' Essendon supporters, as opposed to us freaks, have been telling me they want to see Hird at the game.

That is all.

Oh I agree, I just think the board is disconnected with fans and has ■■■■■■ up this. Maybe there will be a reception for Hird after this campaign reaches its conclusion, at the Crichton maybe?

Why does this thread make me think of a guy, sitting at a plain desk in front of a black backdrop, holding up a current newspaper?

well to be fair hirds suspension has only been lifted for a matter of hours.
still a lot of time yet to welcome him back to the club

But it is understandable why they might want to keep under wraps for a while.. pros and cons to either approach

I want streamers and fireworks cheerleaders and loud music.

The players need to come first. If they think it’s going to be a distraction, then he shouldn’t be around. And I think that’s what they have indicated.

If they've indicated then they've lied to us by saying they can't wait for him to come back.

Flash mob.

That sounds a lot like a flash mob. It all went pear shape after the flash mob.

Flash mob.

angry-pictures.jpg

Keep him hidden until very late.... roll him out about halfway through the last quarter and let him walk down to the bench.

Please ESSENDON have HIRD involved on match day V Carlton.

We the fans WANT HIRD!!!

The club is appearing to comply with the wishes of the hacks but you may have noticed he has already given a press conference to the same hacks and there are photos of him at the HPC with Craig and Xavier.

And this is only day 1.

The non-appearance of Sir james will I believe be more honoured in the breach than in reality