Australian Politics -- and YOU WILL LIKE IT

One of the Howard years

And myGov.

1 Like

Started in 1985, under the Hawke Government.

Came out of the famous Tax Summit which was also the birth of GST. Australia Card was supposed to stop tax avoidance and other fraud on th public purse. I recall the ALP was divided on it and the Liberals called it the Stalin Card.

After winning the double dissolution Election in 1987, Hawke could have taken the legislation to a joint sitting where Labor had a majority, but as I recall it was a poorly worded work with a number of flaws, and many Labor MPs and Senators threatened to cross the floor.

I actually didnā€™t understand the angst, as we had all sorts of ID cards and passport already.

1 Like

I was about to start uploading ID to that MyGovID app before realising you can link your Vaccination certificate by only downloading the Medicare app. I then deleted the MyGovID app, I didnā€™t like the vibe of it.

We already have an ID card by default through Medicare and Centerlink

Also looking forward to having to provide your full medical history to your employer.

Not sure if trolling or crap employer, but thatā€™s why there is a stand-alone certificate that can be provided.

Scope creep

Gladys fronting ICAC today, Packer to appear at WA RC

1 Like

Gladys currently in the chair. Already getting interesting

One of the first questions to Gladys - did you regard Maguire as part of your family? Gladys replies no.

They then go to an intercepted text message where she says to him that she feels he is her family.

Sheā€™s now backtracking frantically. Trying to say that she has feelings for him but didnā€™t regard him as part of her family in a legal sense.

5 Likes

ICAC Commissioner tells Gladys twice to get off her soapbox and just answer the Qs.
Relationship intensified after she moved house, Daryl had the keys to the kingdom, she did not ask for the keys to be returned and only changed the locks some time last year.
Counsel does not ask her if she handed out her keys to any other family members.
Short reprieve because of technology problemsā€¦
Superior script to Days of Our Lives.

3 Likes

Crazy that they were effectively bugging the premier of the state and taken years for it to come out.

1 Like

iNtEgRiTy

3 Likes

No point in telling her.
Sheā€™ll keep doing it until sheā€™s actually reprimanded.

I kinda respect it on a PR key messages level.
Kinda.

WTF???

1 Like

She has had access to all the evidence so ā€˜I do not recall ā€˜ doesnā€™t wash when Counsel brings it up on the screen.
Just spoke to Dom, he said no worries will put the Tumut hospital in the Budget.

• dated May, byelection was not till September.

Uh oh

9 Likes

lmao

how on earth could you not see that coming when they ask you a question like that

-edit- itā€™s like a cold open to an itā€™s always sunny in philadelphia episode

Christ sheā€™s a train wreck.
Poor thing.