Australian Politics -- and YOU WILL LIKE IT

It’s getting much worse. Absolutely fascinating. She is being completely dominated by counsel assisting ICAC

1 Like

They are airing phone intercepts where Maguire is complaining about a particular item not being included in the budget (which was at a highly advanced stage) and Gladys says she fixed it in 5 minutes.

Counsel is submitting to her that Maguire gets special treatment and she is denying that and saying she would change the budget at 5 mins notice for any of her colleagues.

Dig dig dig

$100m+ for Tumut was inadvertently left off the Budget?

DC Arnott is nailing her today

2 Likes

Nah, we should just blindly trust him.

Now they are playing an intercept where Maguire says that he is going to make 1.5M from a land deal and Gladys says “oh I believe it”.

She’s now saying that she wasn’t really listening on the call and didn’t take it seriously that a member of parliament disclosed to her they were going to make that sort of money from a property deal.

Digggggggg

2 Likes

She did it all for the community, no personal benefit…

• No need to disclose the relationship, different from the others she disclosed

Deceived by a cad
Had led a sheltered life
She was uncertain about his commitment to her
Tried to please him, but it was never enough.
What would you have done in my shoes?

Please, she was the premier. Acting like she was just an inexperienced PA in a company hoodwinked by the shifty marketing guy who shouted her wine at Friday drinks. Please.

21 Likes

Like I said before, ICAC, IBAC, Ombudsman and LG Inspectorate does not ever interview you until they know all the answers, unlike the Police who usually are just fishing or want to beat it out of you.

One of my interviews, the young interrogator was not good at hiding her notes and I am good at reading upside down, so I could see her dossier on me. She had copies of all my activity online, copies of Border Control annd Airline boarding passes for all my overseas trips, and many of my texts. So I just agreed with eveything she said, knowing that it is the lie that gets you into trouble.

For the record, I was never found to have done anything wrong.

8 Likes

Your honour I’m not corrupt I spend too much time on blitz

6 Likes

This is making me ill and it’s totally engineered to get the rags reporting Our poor little Gladys again. While I’m certain the women in this Liberal Party organisation across the board are ‘traditional’ in their views and with quaint concepts of sisterhood that very much fall in line with those of the menfolk, this person got where she is not by being a naive little thing subservient to her betters. And even if there’s any truth to the lover duped schtick she’s unfit for high office for that alone in any case.

3 Likes

An open ended statement if ever there was!

1 Like

Porter has to quit or be sacked.
Time for ALP to harden up. Demand his resignation.

6 Likes

All the more reason why she should have disclosed the relationship

• but if she had, she would have been recused from any involvement in deliberations on his projects and would not then have any power in the relationship.

Commissioner intervenes again

• don’t interrupt Counsel , listen to his Qs so you can respond
    (Gladys has pulled the stunt of not understanding the Q all too often).

Commissioner intervenes again, answer the Q whether you put it on the Cabinet agenda.

• Gladys can’t remember, possibly ( Daryl had asked her to put it on the agenda)
    • Coodabeen Ayres?
      ( coodabeen the remotest possibility on the basis of all the evidence tendered, given that it was practice for her as Treasurer to set the agenda and that Treasury officials recommended against it)

She knows she is snookered, she is now promoting herself as doing good works for the community, even if it does not deliver a net benefit to the State.

This is what I was thinking. There must be sphincters all over the place that are puckering. Reason why the probably all use WhatsApp, which should be illegal (for them).

They were bugging Daryl’s phone, so we only get her recorded contact with him.
The tapes would have been heavily guarded and the source of any leak would have gone to jail.
But no one ever saw either of them visiting each other or on holidays together ?
What was the bit in the tape about when he tells her to leave the State?

ALP has an MP who admitted branch stacking against ALP rules.
Don’t think the Coalition has any rules about misleading Parliament.

But they knew he was sus. It must’ve been obvious, or a tip off. If this is the case, then there should be a bunch of politicians being monitored.

So Westminster tradition is officially dead?

4 Likes