Australian Politics -- and YOU WILL LIKE IT

We already have unique tax file numbers and Medicare numbers. I’m not sure why people are worried. Bring on the Australia Card (again).

3 Likes

Imagine the people bugging Darryl. They’ve been doing it for years and from when Gladys was treasurer. They have watched her ascend to premier and rule for years, knowing they had enough info to ruin her but not being able to speak. To know all that and keep it a secret to build the case, wow.

The irony of Gladys complaining about ICACS timing, when in reality it’s only timing the let her be premier. This comes out when she was Treasurer she was cooked.

7 Likes

The misleading of parliament is the knowing presentation of false information to parliament, a very serious charge in Westminster system parliamentary assemblies.[1][2] Government ministers who are found to have misled parliament will generally lose their ministerial portfolio. By convention, a minister found to have misled parliament is expected to resign or face being sacked.

Thats from wiki.

Of course the Libs don’t have rules about misleading parliament, but that’s got Sweet FA to do with it.
Porter deliberately lied to parliament to conceal information and details about $millions of dollars in grants within a $1.5 billion dollar government manufacturing fund.

I’m not sure people have realised the enormity of this. He has been caught out with seemingly no wriggle room. It’s cut and dried. He lied to parliament.
The Australian people and our parliament deserve better than this.
He has to resign or be sacked from any ministerial appointment and be booted from cabinet.

5 Likes

He isn’t a minister anymore, he stood down due to the blind trust.

2 Likes

You’re doing it wrong.
It’s…
MESSAGING!

So he claimed that he couldn’t provide documents for a host of reasons, and that this discussed in cabinet.

When, in reality it wasn’t.

Is that it?

Don’t seem like a big deal (compared to the depths at which this government has trawled)

Hate to go all Saga on this, but why is everyone so ‘misleading parliament…maybe’ when a guy fronted a Senate committee and lied his ■■■■ off, indisputably, probably, to literally anyone who had a laptop with them at the time?

3 Likes

LOL.
Always lead with integrity for the citizens of NSW.
I’m sure the $1.5mil was going to be shared with the citizens of NSW. Not just Daryl and Gladys…

Still…
Dat messaging…

Chrisy Kenny on Sky now saying because she kept it a secret it backs up her story and proves the relastionships wasnt that significant. LOL!!!

1 Like

He says its just normal everyday politics. LOL

1 Like

The encryption busting laws recently passed give authorities the power to direct digital providers to allow access into encrypted apps. Not sure if it applies to ICAC, but it’s hardly a safe platform these days.

1 Like

I’m sure we all keep secret the things that aren’t in any way dodgy.

1 Like

I think we’ve all reached a point of general apathy that there is any sort of accountability for our current political muppets. Is there a formal process that can’t be ignored to deal with this sort of thing, or does it die a quiet death because it will get no MSM airtime?

1 Like

Listening to Chris Kenny normalising and trying to justify this is actually hillarious

1 Like

I mean he is still on the backbench, and he has already said he’ll run again next election

As I understand it, he deliberately lied about the documents being subjected to cabinet scrutiny, when they were in fact not.

So yeah, it’s not covering up rape in Parliament House, but it’s still lying to the government to escape investigation into whatever is in the documents.

2 Likes

Didn’t mean it to be.

Most investigations of Councillors or Public Servants are started by Whistle-Blowers. Many are genuine, but for some it is all about revenge or feeling very unhappy with your employer. Every investigation I was involved in, was a disgruntled Council Officer, not that we were ever told who the person was. In every case, they were trying to get the Shire CEO in trouble, and the rest of us were just collateral damage.

1 Like

Ripper !

5 Likes

“candid discussion” :rofl:

Chris Kenny is indisputably a ###&$@

1 Like