Australian Politics -- and YOU WILL LIKE IT

My annoyance with the ABC was not left or right driven, but that, at the national news level, it was ill informed and presented developments in other States from a Sydney centric perspective and on occasion was factually incorrect.
I do have a gripe that, in the interests of so called balance, the ABC selects some hopeless and uninformed panelists for its programs, when some depth of expertise is needed.

4 Likes

Knowing that their votes would not count on a bipartisan issue.
So courageous.

1 Like

We’re going to have a random multiple death attack by an anti-vax cached up loner which is nobody’s fault in the next few months, aren’t we.

3 Likes

Nah, the lower point is that some LNP members crossed the floor to align with one nation over antivax, but none of the supposedly ‘moderate’ LNP members have ever crossed the floor to do any meaningful about climate, or prevent the Porter coverup, etc etc etc.

The only people in the liberal party who actually believe in anything or have any spine are the fruitloops, sadly.

5 Likes

Judith Troeth crossed the floor on issues of principle, retired not long after. She was also an impartial Chair of some Senate Committees.
Currently we have an unelected Government Senator in Henderson who Chairs some Committees ( rewarded with first place on Senate ticket for next election) and shortly another one in Greg Mirabella.
Although she did not cross the floor, Sharman Stone was a fair minded Lib MP who spoke up. She was replaced in a safe seat by Damien Drum, who just plays Noddy, rewarded wth a promotion in Government, while Chester lost his position…
Not unique to LNP though.

100% we are. Absolutely nothing surer

Thoughts and prayers

“We understand his frustration”

2 Likes

Hanson and Roberts didn’t rock up to vote on their own bill lol

1 Like

Where is Greg Hunt?
All the Dixers about opening up the national border are going to Karen Andrews ( a Queensland MP, another hit on Qld, without mentioning the Q word)

Probably too busy on twitter looking up some questionable accounts then blaming it on hackers to be answering questions.

Back on the front bench to answer a Dixer how he saved Australia.

Can we scrap Dixers?

Tired of writing them?
Seriously though

• Qs from backbenchers should be directly relevant to their electorates, OK for Dixers on that account as MPs need to be able to be able to report to the electorate they are working for their electorate ( and not just a stooge for their Government)
  • all other Q&A should be strictly factual, although a bit of context might be needed.

Scott Morrison’s own words:
“As the Leader of the Opposition will know, because I texted him from the plane when I was going on that leave, and told him where I was going and he was fully aware of where I was travelling with my family,’’ he said."

Albanese has confirmed he knew he was going on leave however did not know where he was going at all. Texts have confirmed the PM did not tell him where he was going.

But he doesn’t lie, not even in QT.

5 Likes

Yeah, he was going on leave. That was the destination - leave.

Albo’s problem was that he hadn’t seen The Croods, and the text just didn’t make sense to him.

1 Like

The Liar from the Shire true to form and his slimy self:

So the prime minister immediately went on the personal attack in question time, accusing Anthony Albanese of knowing where he went on holiday during the 2019 bushfires, because he had told him in a text message he sent the opposition leader at the time. (This was in response to a question about why Morrison’s office had misled journalists who were asking about where the prime minister was back in 2019. Michael McCormack was acting in the prime minister’s role, but wouldn’t say if he was acting prime minister or where the prime minister was, which was a whole thing in December 2019 because half the country was on fire.)

During question time, Morrison says he sent Albanese a text message saying:

As the leader of the opposition will know, because I texted him from the plane when I was going on that leave, and told him where I was going and he was fully aware of where I was travelling with my family.

Albanese says no, I received a text message saying the prime minister was going on leave, but not the destination. And I didn’t make it public, because it was a private message. ( Scott Morrison made the text message public on Sydney radio 2GB when he was found out as being in Hawaii. Morrison then claimed he was coming back home early – he arrived home a day earlier than scheduled.)

Morrison jumps in on that explanation, where Albanese says he didn’t know a destination, and says:

Where I was going was on leave, Mr Speaker, and that was the important thing I sent to the leader of the opposition. He knew I was taking leave, Mr Speaker. I told him I was taking leave. And Mr Speaker, he chose to politicise that and has done so ever since.

Called out for misleading again, Morrison makes a third attempt (in just over an hour) to explain what he meant when he said:

As the leader of the opposition will know, because I texted him from the plane when I was going on that leave, and told him where I was going and he was fully aware of where I was travelling with my family.

In that third attempt, Morrison says that what he meant by Albanese being “fully aware of where I was travelling with my family” he meant, that Albanese was “fully aware” he was on leave AND travelling with his family.

When I was referring to he knew where I was going and was fully aware I was travelling with my family what I meant was, that we were going on leave together.

So Morrison went on the attack, said something which wasn’t true, then changed the meaning of what he said when confronted with what had actually occurred. All in the space of an hour.

6 Likes

Usually he double down with ‘I couldn’t make it any clearer…’

He’s full of ■■■■. Needs to go.

8 Likes

yep

“but I don’t lie”

Yes Scott, but I can say you rarely tell the truth and you manipulate your words to give you an out, which is deception/misrepresentation. One is as a bad as the other Scott.

5 Likes

A beautiful case study of Morrison just there.

Simply unable to tell the truth.

5 Likes