Australian Politics -- and YOU WILL LIKE IT

I’m trying to put the perplexed little girl pic up but some other photos also trying to join in. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Ex ADF Portsea cadet ,graduated June 1982.

I saw the girl.
I preferred the dinner.

1 Like

Lol.
Don’t turn up to work tomorrow.
Let’s see how that plays out.

I feel like I’m watching a prequel to the handmaids tale

3 Likes

is that what philippoussis is called now?

I mean, he’s objectively pretty yummy.

Frydenberg was rolled for his choice of Simon Frost for a third place on the LNP Senate ticket.
Henderson gets first, Bridget McKenzie second ( under a Lib Nats deal) and Greg Mirabella ( Sophie’s husband) third.
Mirabella in any event will be filling the casual vacancy from Scott Ryan’s resignation, once rubber stamped by the Vic Government.
Simon Frost was responsible for the Chinese language voting material designed to resemble AEC official guidance on voting in Lucy Liu’s election campaign.

Operation vote below the line to ensure no Mirabellas in Parliment thanks.

3 Likes

Greg Mirabella is based in north east Victoria, as is McKenzie mostly.
Coming up for next Senate half election, we will not have three Melbourne based LNP Senators if the first three on the ticket get elected.

Has he ever had a light bulb moment?

1 Like

Jacqui Lambi tends to go off the cruet a bit doesnt she?

Think she was so annoyed at Pauline’s stunt, which the Government allowed her to pursue , knowing it would not get the votes ( even with some crossing the floor)

• in exchange for Pauline delivering on another vote?
    • after Birmingham cautioned potential floor crossing LNP against trade offs for other concessions.

putting aside the base issue for a moment, a teenager making a grown adult mad enough to have that escalate the way it did automatically makes the adult a ginormous loser.

teenagers are stupid and have no power. it should be impossible to lose an argument to them.

1 Like

abc tv journalists hate poor people

ergo they are right of centre

radio and print not so much

Honestly that’s just depressing to watch.

Post covid Australia will be a different place to pre covid.

Strange how military imposters always claim to be in the SAS.

1 Like

Well well. Even not particularly smart people know that vaccines are awesome.

Jacqui Lambie lashes One Nation’s push to end vaccine mandates

By Nick Bonyhady

Crossbench Senator Jacqui Lambie is delivering a furious rejoinder to One Nation’s attempt to introduce a federal law attacking vaccine mandates, lashing it as a grab for donations and votes from a party that has a history of backing discrimination in other arenas.

Speaking in the Senate, the Tasmanian politician points to One Nation’s opposition to same-sex marriage, educating children with autism in mainstream schools and history of racist remarks to argue its opposition to “vaccine discrimination” is hypocritical.

She says she understands some people find being vaccinated hard and want to ask questions but, ultimately, being vaccinated is a patriotic act to get the country out from lockdowns and keep fellow Australians safe.

“It’s called being a god-damn bloody adult! It’s putting others before yourself,” Senator Lambie says.

Here’s a bit of her speech.

If you get behind the wheel of a car and drive twice the speed limit, you may be comfortable taking that risk with your safety. But you’d be putting other people’s lives at risk. And you don’t have the right to do that. And you will more than likely lose your licence.

You’re not being discriminated against. You choose to do something that puts other people’s lives at risk and you will be accountable. You will be held accountable. But that choice is that simple. That’s what we’re talking about.

As One Nation leader Pauline Hanson’s face looms over the debate on a video screen because she is dialling in remotely, Senator Lambie declares she opposes every bit of the party’s bill.

1 Like
1 Like

Just when you thought the LNP couldn’t get any lower, some of their members cross the floor to align with One farking Nation. Pathetic.

13 Likes