Australian Politics -- From early August 2022

I thought the ‘exceptional circumstances’ would not be limited to public servants.

I was subjected to an inquiry and eventually found innocent of all allegations but it was in the Press and. Liberal grub named me in Parliament. I reckon Police should investigate all allegations and not IBAC.

I didn’t care much what was said, but others did and they were hurt as a consequence.

That said, no system is perfect.

1 Like

You must be in Hawthorn Wimm ? Nice area

There was bipartisan support for modifications to the South Australia ICAC legislation.
The modifications followed a SA Select Committee Parliamentary report on the damage, harm or adverse outcomes from ICAC investigations.
One of the modifications involved referral to SAPOL rather than the DPP.

In addition to compulsory voting, there are also pros and cons of preferential voting and its various forms.
Australia led the way on preferential voting, its model was adapted by other countries, but in a variety of formats.

2 Likes

I’m thereabouts.

The future PM, member for Bruce, is at it again. He never fails. He’s talking about Keith Wolahan the new Member for Menzies, by the way - you know, the Dublin jackeen barrister who winkled Kevin Andrews out of his long-term seat.

1 Like

Can anyone translate perces post??

2 Likes

Is that the same Stuart Robert who had a sideline of running tour groups to the Holy Land?
The one who was asked to reconsider his leave of absence from Parliament for such a tour?

2 Likes

And my dog wants to vote also

1 Like

If the Libs consider that Point Cook is winnable, they could have picked a better candidate, judging by the interview with her on ABC Melbourne.
While not an ant-Vaxer, she dismisses the effectiveness of the vax, because it doesn’t prevent transmission. She also boasted about not wearing a mask as a teacher. Her explanation is that masks are counterproductive to communication between teachers and students.

4 Likes

Yeah, that really didn’t sound great.

Our area (greens pretty strong) they all have the candidate on them.

There’s even a candidate called patchouli FFS.

1 Like

Can’t you do your own research ? Look up Wolahan on Wikipedia.

Latest Sportsbet* odds on the state election…

Labor 1.15 (out from 1.05 last week)

Coalition 5.00 (in from 10.00 last week)

• = Loose your dough… responsibly

I actually haven’t done a seat by seat look yet to see how much we’ll (Labor) hang on to win by.

whenever I see you avatar, I can’t help thinking of this guy “spinnin platters”

2 Likes

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese is speaking about how Scott Morrison took on five extra portfolios during the pandemic, in the wake of a report on the matter being handed down.

Secrecy around appointments ‘corrosive of trust in government’, report finds

High Court justice Virginia Bell found the secrecy around the appointments was “apt to undermine public confidence in government” and was “corrosive of trust in government”.

The inquiry has made six recommendations to improve transparency, accountability and restore public trust in Australian democracy, including requiring public notice of ministerial appointments.

The Prime Minister says he intends to accept all six of the recommendations at the next cabinet meeting.

Don’t think they ever did think it was winnable, the Independent Dr Joe Garra is the one to watch

Reading some of the stuff, it is not a good look for Morrison. And his claims it was for Covid has proven false because the only time he used the powers it had nothing to do with covid.

In one sense though it has a silver lining, it hopefully means it cannot happen again as they enact changes to stop it.

Also a little amusing at the fact a few in here have attacked “Dictator Dan” but have nothing to say about the guy actually behaving like a dictator.

10 Likes