Australian Politics -- From early August 2022

Recommendations made and Mr. Morrisson, currently attending a Jordan Peterson show to see how you really grift dough out of wingnuts, will be spanked with the limpest lettuce leaf we can find

5 Likes

Nothing really to hit him with, didn’t actually do anything illegal. So yeah, they won’t do anything about what he did because they cannot. What they will do is change the rules to put transparency in place.

1 Like

Time to throw in my wild baseless prediction

No way LIbs can win, don’t deserve to win, if they won would just be a feckless limp govt like Baillieu was, hopefully some new young conservative colt takes the reigns after the election

Current

ALP 56
LIB/NP 27
GRN 3
IND 2

LIB/NP – Hawthorn, Nepean, Ashwood, Pakenham, Ripon*, South Barwon, Box Hill, Ringwood, Morwell*
GRN – Northcote, Richmond, Albert Park
IND – Melton, Werribee, Point Cook, MULGRAVE, Kew

ALP 40
LIB/NP 35
GRN 6
IND 7

Result - ALP Minority Govt with Premier Allan

1 Like

Take your pick

Unknown

7 Likes

ALP 48
LNP 30
Greens 4
IND 6

I feel like I’m being overly cautious with that prediction.

Edit: and this will be presented as a crushing defeat for Labor.

2 Likes

It’s good to see that Guy wants to ‘privatise’ our sewerage. After all, it’s worked so well with our gas and electricity!

2 Likes

Bridget Vallence would be my choice for next Lib leader FWIW which would make her a conservative mare I suppose

greens confident on taking pascoe vale from labor

would require an almighty swing if so

If the GG had any integrity he’d resign too, but of course it won’t happen.

This was basically Morrison’s Trump moment. Casually discarding every aspect of the political system that relies on convention and tradition, in favour of leveraging the strict legalities in the most dictatorial manner possible. The ALP will probably legislate to close these loopholes, but no system is perfect. There’ll always be loopholes. The problem is the attitude on the part of the right wing that this sort of thing is ok, and the willingness to go along with it on the part of the GG, anhd the alleged journalists who had this story before the election and deliberately sat on it.

Nobody will pay any sort of price for this, which will of course only encourage the next guy.

6 Likes

Goes to much more than just a few in here too, i.e. just starting with MSM. The fact that Scotty’s old news makes it so much easier for those so inclined to continue to overlook what a complete turd he was (is). The mere sight of the prick still makes my skin crawl.

4 Likes

yep agreed, lot of fingers in the pie willing to let it slide

Promised the world to stay local by Perrottet instead of going Fed, now ousted by the party for someone else. lol

1 Like

Interesting from Tassie. Libs love a good shifty and grifting grant process.

1 Like
2 Likes

Morrison could have gone one step further by getting himself secretly appointed Governor General.
The GG is appointed by the Monarch, in practice on the advice of Ministers of the Crown.
The only barrier would be that he would have to forgo his salary as PM ( the clause in the Constitution banning double dipping of holding an office for profit under the Crown)

Scummo would love to have done a Kerr, wearing a morning suit to the Cup, etc.

Therefore being a type of King or President. I wish he had done that.

Is Brad Rowswell any chance?

Okay, chance for some serious egg on my face, but my prediction is…

Labor 54
LNP 30
Greens 3
Ind 1

*Note: LNP at 29 on Sat Nite, with them to win the Narracan By-Election in 4 weeks.

The more I look at the picture, the more I struggle to see where the Libs pick up seats.
I see places like South Barwon, Pakenham, Box Hill and Ringwood holding for Labor.
Plus if the Libs are any chance, they need to win all 4 seats in sandbelt.

I don’t see Labor losing seats to Independents. The indie campaigns are just not as high-profile as has been in say previous federal elections.

Greens best shot at picking one more up maybe Northcote, but not Richmond or Albert Park. In fact, I’ll be very interested to watch the numbers in the seat of Melbourne - has the younger Greens voter demographic of the past moved out in significant enough number due to the 2020/2021 pandemic lockdowns?

1 Like

I reckon Hawthorn will go indie. To be fair it’s never been a labor seat until the very last election. There’s enough feeling in the electorate from Ryan’s win in Kooyong for it to spill over to the state election. I suspect that Kennedy will run 3rd in the primaries and his preferences will get Lowe across the line.