Australian Politics -- From early August 2022

Continuing the discussion from Australian Politics -- from 2022 Federal Election - #10019 by bigallan.

Previous discussions:

1 Like

I am looking forward to SMH’s expose of how many years and how many taxpayers’ $$$ have been spent to cover up ASADA’s corrupt handling of the Saga.

4 Likes
2 Likes

This news greatly surprises me.

8 Likes

“I went to see the temples”…

1 Like

6 Likes

I truly can’t keep up with the NSW stuff

6 Likes

Meanwhile, back in Vic

13 Likes

All overseas senior trade roles are set to be investigated by the inquiry looking into the appointment of NSW former deputy premier John Barilaro to the US job.

Labor will seek to get the inquiry’s terms of references expanded and comes ahead of Mr Barilaro’s appearance on Monday.

And as reports emerge in Nine newspapers claiming Premier Dominic Perrottet had offered to create a new parliamentary trade role for Transport Minister David Elliott.

The report also claims the Premier spoke to Mr Elliott about the agent-general position in London as compensation following manoeuvres that could have seen him removed from cabinet. But that didn’t happen.

Leader of the Opposition in the upper house Penny Sharpe said the allegations against the Premier were very serious.

7 Likes

can’t wait for the 7 part friendlyjordies doco

2 Likes

So looks like we are getting a de facto anti corruption commission after all.

Still just NSW. Need it still at the federal level.

1 Like

ANNOUCE “trade roles” for everyone!

3 Likes

The Liberal Party of Victoria is now the party that represents right wing Christian extremists.

2 Likes

The SA Libs were having huge issues with it and purged a heap of Pentecostals from the party last year. Antic the scumbag was doing a mass recruiting drive of god botherers to pretty much take over the SA Libs

5 Likes

I agree, this is just a start, albeit a good start on a process that is long overdue.

Part of me really wants them to succeed because their extremist views are all pretty much the exact opposite of the policy that the electorate seems to favour.

The other part of me wants them to disappear because the electorate is a ■■■■■■■ idiot and would vote for Handmaid’s Tale style government if you made them believe it would make their utes cheaper.

8 Likes

Just a quick fix to your sentence

3 Likes

Anytime extremist have a platform it’s a problem. The fact that the Libs have converted to conservative / extremist christian xenophobes it gives substance & normalization to anti women, anti immigration, racist & anti LGBT thoughts and views.

6 Likes