Australian Politics -- From early August 2022

Newscorpse article links it to (a) refusal to bend the rules on Strangers on the floor of the Chamber to allow an Auslan interpreter to appear next to Pocock ( beamed on screen instead) and (b) blocking the appointment of Jordan Steele-John as Chair of a Senate Committee.
As to (b) I imagine that the ALP and LNP would have divided up the Chairs between them and that Shorten would have been behind the scene in regard to the Chair of an NDIS connected Committee
Newscorpse does not appear to have reported Tame’s Instagram post in full

grift city

3 Likes

i have a serious problem with the use of the word “earned” there

2 Likes

1 Like

After his effort yesterday, I’d be removing that job from my CV.

2 Likes

But then who will know you’re entitled to a plum job?

Media reporting that Anderson, Vic’s Lib Party media communications Director, has resigned , to spend more time with his family and to re-locate interstate.
No substance to the rumours that he opposed Guy going ahead with the interview.

LOL.
Not at the situation. How people actually thought that interview was what cost him the coming election.
He’s no hope of winning. Not before the interview and not after it.
Only hope of winning is if something drastic happens to Andrews.

The independent vote will be very interesting.

1 Like

Scotty was chucking a tantrum that the boats announcement wasn’t up on the border force website fast enough on election day. So he went with it anyway.

Plot thickens with Barilaro , not just the NY job, but the property job he took on after retirement from politics.
Connection to the Minister Petinos , who got sacked for bullying . Prior to that, her senior public servant had resigned for alleged personal reasons. He had blocked some development of Barilaro, which was later unblocked.

The diary manager of Opposition Leader Matthew Guy has become the third member of his team to quit. Yesterday, we learnt that media director Lee Anderson quit over a disagreement with Guy’s new chief of staff Nick McGowan.

Jeez Louise.

So…three key members of his team have all gone, ‘Oh, Fark no.’
Within a week.
And he’s replaced one of those positions with a mate.

What the hell has he done.

They’re more farked than a farked thing.

Andrews majority to increase, even with the shedloads of negative sentiment towards Dan in the community. (Please, don’t quote me the poll figures again)…going to be a strange election.

1 Like

They are farketty fark farked.

Could Victoria be the first state to see the libs obliterated?

1 Like

WTF is a diary manager anyway?

2 Likes

I was wondering about the possibility of them being the minority party of the coalition.
I have no idea how possible that is.
Seems extremely unlikely, but I was wondering.

Still, the Libs are “better managers”!

But, seriously…
What the hell has he done?

What? You don’t have one (or two)? You’re missing out.

$85,000 + super ■■■■■ + diary manager

2 Likes