Australian Politics -- From early August 2022

The ABC has always been biassed like that. High time the National Broadcaster’s HQ was moved to the National Capital.

Ex Lib who sat on cross bench in NSW government

2 Likes

If this all happens with an ICAC, imagine what Federally they thought they could get away with.

4 Likes

ICAC findings can override the electorate vote?
How does his suspension affect Perrottet capacity to govern.? I thought it was a minority government, dependent on his vote.

1 Like
3 Likes

Nope he was suspended by a vote in Parliament.

Reckon telling the Premier to Get Farked when asked to resign would not have helped.

LNP are in minority, except they still get enough support from Shooters & Fishers and
Independents to govern.

1 Like

I thought at Federal level there was no power to suspend an elected MP ( except for ineligibility under the Constitution) apart from Speaker procedural powers of short term suspensions.
Maybe different in NSW.

Think you cannot sack them, just suspend them from actually going to Parliament and voting. They still get paid !!

I was inspired to make one too:

6 Likes

Bit of a disconnect between what Jane Hume and Peter Dutton are saying on pay rises for Aged Care Workers?
Hume says Government is just backing the Unions in making a submission to FWC.
Dutton saying he is not opposed to a wage rise for Aged Care Workers, up to the FWC to decide.

1 Like

They’re calling into Tom Elliot.

They don’t need to state they are rusted on LNP voters, nobody else listens to Tom Elliot.

7 Likes

Well I’ve lived in this great state for 35 of my 40 years and that is the longest I’ve ever endured 3AW.

My head hurts, I think I need a lie down.

4 Likes

Exactly this. If his audience hates you, you’re cooked if you’re in the LNP camp.

far out that brighton voice of the lady, tell me youve never had a real job without telling e,

2 Likes

Guy’s COS who resigned was on the team for Victoria’s Commonwealth Games bid. Dictator Dan probably planted him in Matt’s Office [ satirical font, conspiracy theorists excepted]

I worked for a Mate who had a scuba business. He had the contract to teach Melbourne Grammar kids to dive. I drove the boat and young 15 year old Tom Elliot was the smuggest and most precocious, of a very slimy bunch.

He actually got worse as he got older.

Zzzzzzzzz

How to win friends and influence people. !!!. Perhaps she could trying going outside and shaking her fist at the sky ?