Australian Politics -- From early August 2022

I assumed that the low life crims were Porter and Palmer.

2 Likes

Gee I wonder who funded Porters blind trust.

4 Likes

I didnā€™t catch the whole chat but local radio here was mentioning that SA Power prices are going up by 20% on July 1st. Iā€™d imagine thatā€™s a worse case scenario and that individual suppliers may offer better rates or discounts. Was also mentioned that we would see the smallest rise in Australia and that other states would cop potentially up around 25% increases

glad we privatised everything so that we had cOmPeTiTiOn on pricing

10 Likes

Of course power companies would be putting prices up.

They were encouraged to do so by Albo giving privatized power companiesā€™ customers an extra $200 over taxpayers in states that do not have privatized power. Such differential treatment of Australian citizens gave an explicit approval that it is OK for these companies to rip off their customers.

3 Likes

We do have competition. Non-privatized companies have lower prices, saving the Feds $200 subsidy for each of their customers

I think itā€™s awesome how rates can go up roughly 30% because of you know, like, INFLATION 'n stuff, but inflation is nowhere near that. Fark youse. Greedy mofos.

2 Likes

And my home electricity provider sent me a message today.

From 1 July 2023, the minimum feed-in tariff rate set by the Essential Services Commission is 4.9 cents per kilowatt hour. Your applicable feed-in tariff at the following address will decrease from 6.7 cents to 4.9 cents per kilowatt hour for all eligible solar you export.

3 Likes

The minimum before was 5.2 cents, so they are extracting the urine a bit there in blaming someone else.

2 Likes

Think we will buy a big battery and put a wind turbine on the roof as well as our solar, and disconnect us from the grid.

1 Like

Got solar installed this week.

Usual daily usage 12-15 kWh.

Unseasonal sunny day yesterday = 34kw produced

Overcast all day today = 9kwh produced

canā€™t wait to see how much this thing sucks in on a bright summers day.

Iā€™m still on 10.2 cents in (Simply Energy) :crossed_fingers:

My accumulated credit from the last six months will get used up around mid-June.

1 Like

The feed in Tarif isnā€™t worth it anymore. 5c and itā€™s called too.

I heard someone is I know is on 77c!! FFS

Iā€™ll be able to convert from gas to electricity in other ways to use up the surplus. Not time for battery purchase yet tho.

Feed in tariff hasnā€™t been worth it for years. You still save money on the power you donā€™t pull from the grid, but the feed in is chicken feed. I was on 24c when i first bought this place, and that was enough for me to make an overall profit on power over the course of a year. These days iā€™m back to paying a (small) bill even in summer.

Total fkg scam of course. Solar generation is at its highest during the day, and thatā€™s peak time according to my electricity bill.

2 Likes

Yesterday versus a nice December day.

My panels face east (some) and west (majority). Note the different scales.

Stupid hot water spikes.

1 Like

What power meter are you using? ā€™

This is a Clipsal/SolarEdge setup.

1 Like

My 3ph inverter only registers the power it produces, not usage. Quite annoying.

Battery for my low usage would get me through >95% of days of the year without pulling on the grid. But is 100% not worth it cost-wise, especially if feed-ins continue to decrease.