Australian Politics, Mark II

African gangs are coming on boats and trying to steal our medical details, taking centrelink payments, refusing to work and taking our jobs whilst refusing to acknowledge coal!

5 Likes

I’ve opted OUT

2 Likes

Likewise.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I signed up to receive emails about how to opt out. Surprise, surprise, no emails.

1 Like

I’ll be opting out too. But how to do so?

Three ethnic Africans walk down the street - that’s a gang. Three Euros walk down the street - out for a coffee.
Within African communities they are warned that they are being held to a higher standard, Effectively they are being categorised as potentially dangerous, akin to bikie gangs, but based on their skin colour.

5 Likes

@Mendozaaaa posted this:

1 Like

Done but I’m sure that someone can still access it anyway. It just won’t be as public as those who have opted in.

I work with a Kenyan lady. She is in Australia to do her PhD and has had to leave her 1 year old son behind in Kenya with her husband. I hate that when she turns on the TV or reads a newspaper she is made to feel like she is not welcome.

6 Likes

The problem with your analysis is that Sudanese comprise much less than 1% of the Melbourne population. I found a figure that there are 6,000 Sudanese in Melbourne (population ~4 million). So that is 0.15% of the population. From the ABS:

“In Greater Melbourne (Greater Capital City Statistical Areas), 63.3% of people were born in Australia. The most common countries of birth were England 3.4%, India 2.7%, China (excludes SARs and Taiwan) 2.3%, Italy 1.7% and New Zealand 1.7%.”

So UK, Italy and China are under-representated; AUS, NZ, India and Sudan are all over-represented.

Of these, Indians have a ~two-fold overrepresentation and Sudanese about a seven-fold overrepresentation.

The greatest increase is undoubtedly in the Sudanese population.

1 Like

And what happens when you marginalise entire communities …

Never mind, as long as they get a few more votes.

1 Like

Careful - you’ll be called a racist.

We need to consider the facts not just what is politically correct.

2 Likes

They’re not saying certain groups are over-represented for their demographic. They’re saying that you’re going to be stalked/bashed/raped/killed for the first time, and it WILL be this group doing it.

4 Likes

It may be that Sudanese are over-represented in crime statistics in a relative sense, but if you want to make that point you should also consider other factors such as:

• young people are statistically more likely to commit crime
  • Sudanese and other African immigrants are younger on average compared to majority ethnic groups
  • people of poor socioeconomic backgrounds are statistically more likely to commit crime
  • Sudanese and other refugee groups tend to be of poorer socioeconomic backgrounds

And the fact that Sudanese are over-represented in crime statistics does not in anyway excuse the “massive African gang crime wave” reporting when whichever way you look at it, still only 1% of offenses are perpetrated by Sudanese (with other African nationalities even more minutely represented).

6 Likes

The facts are that a community is being used as a ■■■■ in some perverse political game.

2 Likes

Edit
It’s being run as Andrews Government soft on crime in the lead up to the State elections. No comparative stats quoted for large cities in other States and it is illustrative that, at Federal level, The charge is being led by non Victoria Ministers.
I’d like to see the types of crimes and whether they are gang- related

3 Likes

Yes, please consider the facts instead of blindly following what our esteemed politicians deem to be correct.

2 Likes

P.a.w.n is blocked?

Chess it is.

2 Likes