Australian Politics, Mark II

Then stop posting those videos.

2 Likes

Sobering

3 Likes

Seriously …

Mike Carleton is a self-obsessed wanker. I could run through any period of history in Australia or elsewhere and highlight the bad and neglect the good, just to make a point of how bright and wonderful I am.

The irony is a that Carlton and his Media Mates, setup deluded fools like Steve Smith and David Warner to think they are “special” and that winning at all cost is what we do. And yep we have had a bunch of politicians and business people bend and breaks laws and rules, with little or no consequence, again the same groups lauded by Media as our Masters and above laws us plebs have to follow.

At a time when evil with a gun has killed 50 Kiwis, blokes like Carleton should look at their writings and consider how it effects the deluded and crazy. Probably a good PhD thesis is there.

Sobering ?

I don’t disagree with much of this article, except importantly that we have one gunman who coolly slaughtered 50 people, and you cannot glibly lay the blame at some dumb politicians. If only it was that simple.

I’m not sure you read the article fully. If you don’t reckon there’s a valid laundary list in there you may have been in the spin dry too long.

1 Like

If a bloke doesn’t kowtow to the pure ALP line, @BacchusFox hates him.

I enjoy his putdowns of ScoMo and worse.

When Reith’s instructions on handling Tampa:
“ Don’t humanise them” . Refugees off limits to all media
He’s also renowned for the Children Overboard lies.
Got an Australis honours award . Would be President of the Liberal Party but for ill health. Still a Lib hero.
When Ministers from PM down warn us about African gangs …

3 Likes

I am sure that I read the whole farking article. As I said, I can look at any period of our history and pull out a “laundry list” just like Carleton did. Really easy to write everything negative, but blokes like Carleton need to learn balance and not just write to shock.

That is BS and you know it. Fark, I can be as hard on Labor as anyone and I am a lot closer to the facts and the truth. If I did kowtow to the pure ALP line, I would probably be in Parliament, making a dill of myself trying to justify the unjustifiable.

You find Carleton amusing and he is witty, but his “put-downs” are lame and just schoolboy ■■■■■. He is not a serious writer, commentator, maybe just another satirist with a big ego and a chip on his shoulder.

Well, @handypoint , I actually do not see much difference or change in the behaviour generally of Politicians and think that in the past, most people were shielded from the worst of the worst. In fact, the things that MPs could get away with and did, in terms of sexual assault, excesses on the public purse and perhaps even fraud are just not possible today.

It may be hard to believe but some MP’s back in the 1970’s were bigger red-neck racists than today and that is from most Parties. And in terms of Leadership, even ScoMo shows more qualities than Liberal leaders of the late sixties and while Bill has a lots to beat from Gough to Bob to Paul, I would suggest he is a better Leader than Gough, and has much better control of his ego than Bob or Paul. I could cite examples, but I don’t want to spoil the pedestal that some put our past Leaders on.

And do not think for one minute that the Public were nice and polite, there were some very angry and violent people out there.

As I said, the real difference is that we have a front row seat for about everything a Politician does; the Fraser Annings of 50 years ago would speak openly like him, full of hate, but few heard them. No instant media and no-one cared much. I was at a demonstration in 1975 where we threw eggs and tomatoes at Malcolm Fraser, and it was hardly reported.

I will still always argue that we treat our Leaders very poorly, and the World would be a better place if we all showed them more respect, and let them do their job unhindered by polls and social media.

1 Like

That shielding you nention I think has a place.
In all walks of life too.

I don’t think things are getting better and i am not sure more accountable.

Instead it just feels way more populist. And its pretty dangerous when the pitchforks run the country.

Jesus Christ Bacchus, in one paragraph you tell us about ministers who were sexual predators and then the next you tell us we need to treat them with more respect.

Resepect is earnt. You don’t get amnesty from persecution because your an elected member.

3 Likes

Fark benny, you are so literal.

Of course you crucify those who use their power to prey on others. I have to say, that from my observation, that is in the past, and today, even if they had these thoughts today , Canberra and Electoral Offices are very different places than when I was a young, naive kids. Though I think the Greens have yet to understand this.

And most if not all MPs I know today are worth respecting.

If you want, I will name the blokes who I know transgressed. None will surprise you and many are dead and buried.

Temper. Nothing shocking to me in the article, a nice summary though. But, um, Fark the Greens. And Carlton, both of them

No need to do that, regardless, I think my point still stands, Ministers should get respect if they’ve earned it

I hope we get Boring Bill lead us for a decade.

That the private/public boys school frat party that is the LNP have an identity crisis until its choc full of people who give a damn about the country.

2 Likes

Well that would be interesting.
They’ve never had that before, I see no reason why they ever will.

1 Like

On Q&A, Linda Reynolds equates the Bali bombers to the medivac refugees. Says we are under constant threat. I feel threatened by her.

3 Likes

Bill’s a private/public schoolboy, too — the RC version. He went to Xavier, a good few years before Jobe Watson did.

I hope boring Bill does a pivot towards an Ardern style leadership and perhaps he might in the lead up to the poll. They’re too preoccupied with not saying anything for the MSM to wedge them though. Media laws and the great swath of intellectual snoozers is going to hold this joint back for a while yet I fear.

2 Likes