Australian Politics, Mark II

Saw it in several papers this morning saying projections only have labor by 2 seats now with the Palmer preferences

Anthony Green said that Palmer preferences only hold at about 55%, 60% in the Deep North.

Still staggered that anyone could consider voting for Palmer.

2 Likes

Has increasingly become the only poll that matters

Taylot lawyered up, threatened defamation and will only speak to journos off the record.
And the wife was sprung editing his CV on Wikipedia. The original has been re- instated.
As for Joyce, he must be under financial pressure - currently supplementing his back bench salary with his job as Mr Drought.

2 Likes

Morrison is confusing in his statements about preferencing. At times he says it is up to the States, at others itā€™s a decision for Head Office. But just who is ā€œHead Officeā€?
And when he is saying that preferences for Libs donā€™t matter as they donā€™t get distributed, why then is he wheeling and dealing on preferences?

I choose to believe this guy.

Yes, (well the Betting agencies heā€™s mentioning anyway) me too. :crossed_fingers:

A 90 seat majority would be a very nice slap down for these bullshitting right wing flogs and their lying Media cohort.

1 Like

7 Likes
8 Likes

Thatā€™s 126 to 25 seats. A tad unlikely, however desirable.

1 Like

Oh dear.

126-25 ā‰  90

Anyway, the reference is to majority government, with 90 seats.

My arithmetic error, but the reference was to ā€œa 90 seat majorityā€ not to a govt with 90 seats.

Trueā€¦ ITs a little bit of a red herring what i said, but the reason i say it, is because like i said, the moral outrage should be consistent no matter the explanation for child cancerā€¦ God or Evolutionary forcesā€¦ or God working through Evolutionary forcesā€¦ etcā€¦ Its not enough to be morally enraged at childrenā€™s cancer and then not be as equally enraged at Evolution.

But, if you want a explanation for why if God exists as a omnibenevolent creator that he allows childrenā€™s cancerā€¦ Thats a big topic on the Problem if Evil and Sufferingā€¦ and you can probably check it out at Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy onlineā€¦

but a quick theological explanation would beā€¦ Humans are fallen and the world is broken, it was never the intended creation of God. (aka: the garden of eden was perfect) and afterā€¦ kicked out and die for lying and stealingā€¦ luckily it was not malicious. probably wrong thread.

Childhood cancer is NOT ā€œcausedā€ by evolution, FFS!

1 Like

Spoilt for choice here in Groom. Thankfully moving

1 Like

Tough choice for bottom placed candidate.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying, ā– ā– ā– .

A choice of the least fascist party.

This is an awful decision Iā€™m going to have to make