Australian Politics, Mark II

20 Likes

Bad feeling this is going to happen anyway. On a brighter note the growing ructions within the Coalition, with full time drunk philanderer Barnaby leading the charge (some of his tweets this campaign are amazing) could result in a near future that sees LNP and Nats in the wilderness fending off the monsters theyā€™ve created. Or, horrible hung parliaments made up of those same monsters.

Rip Bob, that World Cup utterance is worth watching over and over, so funny, endearing and genuine. Iā€™m a soft touch for that sort of thing

1 Like

Iā€™m just hoping Season 13 ends the way it should.

1 Like

It was the Americaā€™s Cup was it not? Yeah he was a great PM, certainly a lot better than the gremlin thatā€™s currently the leader of that party.

1 Like

Not a criticism, just an observation on how randomly judgemental and/or forgiving we can all be.

Bob was critical to the countries well being and sense of self, but on many many fronts his treatment of Hazel was appalling. Or worse.

Weā€™re all human.

Except Dutton. And probably Abetz. Lol.

6 Likes

Did he put Blanche on the public payroll?

No idea. Is it relevant to philandering?

Yep.
Was going to edit the original post, but since you replied.

Edit: If my snark isnā€™t clear, I donā€™t give a stuff who Bob or Barnaby sleeps (slept) with. Iā€™m kind of amoral like that. As long as they can do their job, then whatevs.
My problem with Barnaby is that I was paying for his mistress.

2 Likes

I largely share those sentiments. They werenā€™t really what I was getting at though.

Fair enough.
I donā€™t know that philanderers is fair in either case, to be honest.
Bob was married twice.

I met Hazel a few times.
She was really, really lovely.

4 Likes

Vale Bob Hawksā€¦a great leader.

Abbott you are a dog.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s way too insulting to Dogs, ā€¦ but I get your sentiment.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good observation. He was unmistakenly one of us and gave Australia an identity of its own. Not some colonial backwater anymore but a strong and independent modern progressive country in our own right. The genuine outpouring upon hearing of his passing shows that we recognise and appreciate his achievements. I hope he knew that.

2 Likes

And you would have seen several of the letters he sent to children who wrote to him seeking answers to questions as broad as concerns about the potential of nuclear war to why a young girlā€™s grandmother died. That he took the time to reply speaks volumes about him.

2 Likes

That was interesting to hear from her on this subject last night. Said that without Hawkeā€™s support, those changes wouldnā€™t have got up. Her colleagues argued that there were more important things to implement but Hawke wanted it done.

Potato yacht soccer ball. Yes, Americaā€™s Cup

Sure, but we donā€™t all give our bit on the side a $180k taxpayer funded job to hide the sausage. But point taken, especially on Abetz.

Yes it was, & I know a lot of Australia were celebrating at the time, but I was still filthy about what happened in a certain GF 2 days earlier, so I personally didnā€™t give a toss about a win in some rich manā€™s sport.

Vale, Bob, you were a fantastic PM & bought about a big reduction in our national ā€˜cultural cringeā€™ at the time.

2 Likes

We were all yachting experts for a brief period there.

3 Likes

As a young gentleman, I would yacht frequently.

Itā€™s quite a dandy spot of recreation, might I say.

2 Likes