Australian Politics, Mark II

Lol to lump negative gearing with that.

See, thatā€™s just ignorant. Under the Libs scientific research and investment has dropped catastrophically. At a time when more than ever we need to be at the forefront for sustainability, economy, basically every facet of our farking existence. If you donā€™t care then shut up, if you do then make yourself less ignorant.

4 Likes

Id be surprised if they LNP dont look at something which tilts the favour towards put chasing newly constructed homes themselves.

Probably not by removing gearing on existing property.

Nah. Itā€™s not ignorant, itā€™s pretty realistic.

1 Like

Stop there. Good question but you farked it.

i own 3 houses have a SMSF and work in the coal industryā€¦i must associate with the devilā€¦

4 Likes

Youā€™re not the devil.
I just object to subsidising you.

11 Likes

Id like to see how markets react Monday morning. Maybe not at allā€¦

Which would be telling.

Thats good I have some bank stocks and telstra.
Not enough to really matter though.

But itā€™s his money and the government is stealing it from him

Please explain this comment in something more detailed that scare quotes from LNP ads.

3 Likes

LOL.

ā€œVote for me! Iā€™m punching well above my weight!ā€

We all pay taxes.
I just donā€™t like some of mine going to him for owning more than one house.

1 Like

mate i worked my ā– ā– ā–  off for close to 30 years working 24/7 anyday of the year xmas new years shift work weekends you name it i worked itā€¦oh and to think the union put me onto the accountant who set me up years and years agoā€¦yes true!

I actually donā€™t believe Negative gearing philosophically is a liberal ideal, im surprised they didnā€™t do away with it, but the neo bourgeois all want to keep it and save the climate at the same time.
And the liberal party made them chooseā€¦ in those swings seats those upper aspirational middle class all voted for money over climate.
Or individualism over imposed group debt for fixing climate changeā€¦ 3million people are negatively geared.

Are you arguing against yourself now?

Im not arguing, im discussing and dissecting the results, all opinion.

Your taxes actually go to tradies nurses and teachers so donā€™t stress.

They had policies to make australia better.
But the polices also needed to help them gain more votes, liberal votes.
and ministers / shorten needed to understand and explain without refering to his notes every 2 seconds the policies and effect the policies would have.

If Rudd was the captain they might have got back in, everybody loved Rudd.

Arguing as in putting forward points to form a position.
An argument, if you will.
In that sense you seem to be battling yourself and I really donā€™t know where to take it from here.