Australian Politics, Mark II

I dont read the negative gearing policy changing the election results.

However, I think the Queenslanders arent happy with the economy(and no wonder). And when one of your states big economic drivers is mining…it matters.

I think there will be a liberal swing in WA as well. Prob not as much. But a swing.

And people with more than one house.
I understand about paying for nurses.
It’s the paying for people with more than one house that stumps me.

Again we’re at loggerheads. I think this is a better example of realism personally

I didnt form a position. I had an opinion and you wanted further explanation.

I go out for Indian and come home to this? The fark has Qld done?

1 Like

But heck, apparently I also pay for the privelage of allowing Apple to trade in this country.
So perhaps I’m being a bit mean.

I concur completely.

I don’t understand how the electorate seemingly has more interest in saving the tax $$ of those who own 3 houses than supporting those who can’t afford a house.

I do understand how everyone in parliament has no interest in changing the laws because they all own 15 houses.

4 Likes

I dislike Shorten, but I despise Morrison. So frustrating watching Labor take an unlikable leader into another election. I have zero faith in the liberals to tackle the serious problems the country and the world face. Their obsession with debt leads to an infrastructure deficit and environmental disaster.

Why can’t we have a semi-competent moderately likeable candidate for once?

5 Likes

I wouldn’t go too early. Let’s just see what WA did or didn’t do.

No seats look like changing here.

Well then your bums :joy:

2 Likes

I think everyone doubled down on their previous positions. So everyone knew Qld was rooted, and Qld hated everyone else and decided to take it to the next level.

And the Indian? Adani lover

This is a bit of a goldilocks outcome for the LIBS.

They retain power AND get rid of the agitator Abbott.

Did any of the other mutineers in the LIBS get kicked out (fingers-crossed)?

2 Likes

The opposite.

All the moderates who jumped ship after Turnbull now look silly. Bishop, Dwyer, Pyne etc.

If anything the party is more right wing now.

4 Likes

It was very nice.

1 Like

Gotta admire how boomers were spoon fed their wealth then decided to deteriorate all the work their parents have done in such a systematic manner.

4 Likes

Labor policies

Halve the Capital gains tax discount from 50% to 25%
That was a big change.
They could have changed it to 40% where most people would go meh…no big deal.

Limit negative gearing to new investment properties only.
That was a massive change - and had real estate agents worried as they are already trying hard to sell apartments.

Someone on here said to limit negative gearing to one or two properties. Im sure 90% of the population would have been happy with that.

Franking credits change - this was going to impact thousands of people - yes you say they don’t deserve it, but you are taking away something they get. This should have been aimed at the top 10% first. limit franking credit refunds to $20,000 or $10,000 - call it a franking credit refund scale back aimed at the top tier who are using the system to their advantage and the government is paying for it.

Other alternative was if you are taking something away you need to give something back.

Climate change policies were good I think most people like them.

Pensioner Dental plan - nobody cared much about this. they could ahve done this with out the hoohaa. Yes it will most likely reduce hospital beds.

Labor should have pushed that Liberals failed in the NBN and they will continue roll out etc. Everyone loves their netflix and a good internet connection - they could have won more votes here.

• Labor had too many policies!!
    less policies would have made shortens job a little bit easier.
8 Likes

Liberals have zero chance of a surplus next year.