Australian Politics, Mark II

Labor are a rabble.

1 Like

The sun has come up, back to work tomorrow & Iā€™m going to the VFL at Sandy to see the Bombers

4 Likes

That was success everywhere because of workchoices. But yes I would agree being a queenslander helpedā€¦

I think Albanese is the obvious choice. There was a reason he couldnt run deputy to Shorten. He would run rings around him.

Albanese would need a very good treasurer.

Albanese, Chalmers would be my pick.

Itā€™s about the policy framework as much as anything. Itā€™s not like Morrison/Abbott/Turnbull were universally loved. Quite the contrary. Bill , as uninspiring as he is, could have won, should have won.

NSW Labor may have contributed to the federal problems up there, but I keep coming back to the lack of swing to Labor in Victoria in seats that actually mattered. Sure, blue-chip Liberal seats like Kooyong got hammered margin wise, but not enough to lose them. But the actual ā€œboringā€ suburban seats largely ignored Labor. Heck , Iā€™m in Aston and somehow Tudge actually increased his lead! Thereā€™s an irony - and probably a very important message - that the wealthy seats felt like they could afford and wanted to punish Liberal way more than the more common ones. Labor missed the middle ground voters to a large extent. In this state at least.

1 Like

See ya

3 Likes

They should never have axed Rudd, it was based solely on the mining tax. Then they bring in a s
ā€œSuper-profit taxā€ that was supposed to bring in billions and ended up bringing in $0.

And Turnbull should never had taken over from Abbott.

1 Like

A victory for the true believers. Essendon won.

4 Likes

Because if you read this thread, conservatives are worse than Hitler. Everyone to the right is a nazi for having a different view on things.

Too bad the irony isnā€™t noticed by Bacchus and co.

6 Likes

Did labor throw the costing out the window with the policy, or are they still trying to find them?

Like Bomb says. Screw community wellbeing and back self interest. People donā€™t care about what you can do for others, we only care about what youā€™re going to take from us.

5 Likes

I have four young children. From 7 months to 9 years. The last thing I will ever do to them is indoctrinate fear that their life outcome, successful or not, will be dictated to them by which ever politely party is in power.

2 Likes

Mathematics says weā€™ll see 3-4 Different Liberal Leaders before the next election.

Watch them knife each other, because theyā€™re handing billion dollar contracts to Morrisonā€™s mates without tender. Duttonā€™s p*ssed because they should have given the contract to His mate.

Hunt has cracked it, because Dutton hasnt given a contract to his side-businessā€¦ which was agreed on.

Joyce has sold Murray-Darling basin to Chinese investors, which has p*ssed off Price because she was planning to sell it off to Rinehart, who sheā€™s business partners with.

The day in the life of the LNP.

6 Likes

One good thing to come out of it is that weā€™ll finally be getting the East-West link.

6 Likes

On a scale of 0 to Matthew Guy, where does Pill Snorten rank as worst opposition leader?

And Abbottā€™s gone. LMFAO.

1 Like

Just looked up what Victoria was promised.

East-West link
Airport train
Freight train to Brisbane
High speed trains between Geelong and Melbourne.

Tax cuts in the next term.

Awesome we ainā€™t getting anything.

1 Like

Did that prick Scomo even come to Victoria during the campaign?

How do you fund all of that and give a tax cut?

You donā€™t do either.

3 Likes

Thought Iā€™d make a brief return from my self imposed Blitz posting retirement.

A great result in the election but for me itā€™s overwhelming relief. Relief to avoid 3 years of reckless spending, pandering to minority groups, increased taxes and lies: Here is why Labour lost:

1. The made this a referendum on climate change but thatā€™s for another thread!
  2. Increasing taxes to a significant amount of taxpayers to pay for reckless spending.
  3. Disadvantaging self funded retirees. Yeah letā€™ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  the people that have actually worked hard all of their life and a not a burden on the taxpayer. Ridiculous.
  4. Implementing a debt relief tax but saying you will deliver a surplus. BS.
  5. Trying to buy votes by bringing over thousands of immigrants parents. Yeah that will help the budget and the health system all in one.
  6. Negative gearing. Again, letā€™ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  people trying to get ahead and drive up rent for the poor all in one go. Idiotic.
  7. Focus on leadership changes in the LNP - What do they think the Australian people have amnesia with Juliar and Rudd? Then go with a leader that nobody likes and implement policies to send the country broke. BS Bill would not have lasted 18 months.

I must say that I had lost a bit of faith in the intelligence of the Australian people. Iā€™m pleased to say that I was wrong!

10 Likes