Australian Politics, Mark II

Probably the best summary I’ve seen on here. Hit the nail on the head. I’m glad to see that the Australian public didn’t fall for the BS and reckless spending that the ALP were proposing. Welcome back to Blitz!

5 Likes

what does a freight train to brisbane even benefit us? bananas quicker?

I’m looking forward to this C grade government being in charge.

In the past 6 months they have lost.

• two former PM’s who between them have held multiple ministries.
  • their leader of the house
  • foreign affairs minister
  • trade minister
  • finance minister
  • defence minister

And the new treasurer is on his training wheels.

I don’t think anyone could name half the cabinet.

Not expecting much to get done. Unfortunately I think liberals will still win the next election.

2 Likes

None of it will happen.
They won’t turn the first sod.

She is hopeless isnt she. Shes the unlikeable lady on the P&C. Always knows best.

2 Likes

You mean reckless spending, like spending 1.4 Billion on Opening Chistmas island… only to close it the next day?

2 Likes

Finally you have come around. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
People will always put self interests first

I think Labor made one massive mistake.

No plan for economic growth.

Just had social welfare spending.

Morrison nailed it when I think he said you cant have action on climate change without a strong economy.

Now the Libs had nothing. But Labor needed something of economic substance.

Only if Andrews accepts/agrees.

Which makes it a lie, then, doesn’t it.

Because the massive billboards did Not say,
‘Only the Liberals will build the East-West link if Andrews says it’s okay!’

1 Like

Meh.

They’ve been squabbling over it for years. Idiocy from both.

True, but we’re talking about awful lying Labor.

That’s…a pretty big premeditated lie from the Liberals before they even start.

But okay, can’t win them all.
I look forward to the Liberals delivering on their promise of rail to the airport.

And Surplus babaaaay!!!

Apparently.

1 Like

What’s the liberals plan?

I’ve heard them talk about jobs and the economy. But I haven’t seen anything that could be described as a plan. Tax cuts in 10 years, is maybe one, but I don’t really take that seriously.

Thank you diggers for clarifying my post to the readers here.

Right up there.

You don’t need my help. You and the rest of the majority have made your position very clear.

Perhaps at Simon Crean?

Labor were all over the shop, but they gave nothing on the economy. Which was só effective against them.

Take Queensland. Its an aspirational state for business and a haven for self funded retirees, its also underpinned by mining. What policy did Labor have that had enough appeal to make a change?

I think there is a lot of disillusioned voters out there who stuck with the coalition and would be easily won with some sort of economic plan.

A recession is pending and its going to be an absolute doozy.

What policy did Labor offer to assist the construction industry?

All Labor did was pander to their rusted on voters. Ie people “like Bill”

2 Likes

I agree with you , Wim. 100%. I’ve said in here that I’m not expecting either side to keep their economic promises. I’m just not.

But I don’t think East/west or the other things are why Vic didn’t abandon Liberal. I doubt most voters even knew of them. Something else is/was in play. (Only talking Vic here. Elsewhere I have no idea).