Australian Politics, Mark II

Oh phewwwwww… we got liberal but we have a housing bubble implosion to keep us all comforted.
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I normally listen in the way to work but wouldn’t have been able.to stomach it this morning so it was a podcast instead. Seems like the producers felt the same. :joy:

Housing has burst. Where on earth have you been hiding?

Yup…

This whole climate election is a total furphy…

The abbott/turnbull carnage is purely that. A vote against instability.

If anything Australians have voted hard for the status quo and they have definetly voted for the Queensland coal mine.

Evident by the coalitions strong showing in parts of Tassie, Queensland.

Will be interesting the leader the ALP put up. If they put up a quasi green candidate, well I dont think it will work.

1 Like

So I didn’t listen to any of what the coalition were running with.

What ‘stuff’ can I expect to be delivered to get excited about?

Geez reporting in this country is simplistic and allways takes the easy route.

Silent majority
Middle Australia

What a load of tosh. Metropolitan seats all around the country swung to labour just not enough to win.

The liberals won in Nth Tassie and QLD, these seats are not representative of Melbourne or Sydney where middle Australia lives.

It’s beginning to feel like Australia’s Trump / Brexit moment - an illogical, unpredictable, self-inflicted wound.

A ‘miracle’ if you will.

Shorten was a union thug back in the day, probably didn’t help. I’m pro union and a member of my relevant one btw.

FWIW I used to serve him at a shop, always on the phone at the register, not good tactics for someone trying to endear himself to the people.

I’d invoke a ‘no serve’ rule for anyone on their phone whilst at the counter.

3 Likes

Always a numbers man

Dont use scaremongering??? C’mon mate.

I do that (no service rule)

1 Like

The dark satanic mills which were a wellspring of the craft Union movement and the Labor Party last century have been exported to various places in Asia.
A greatly increased number of Australians go to University. it used to be a privilege of the few, now its a privilege enjoyed by the many.
Almost no Australian workers are being exploited by evil bosses with stopwatches while doing mindless jobs screwing nuts on production lines.
Almost all the tradies are working for themselves, with their own SM super funds and negatively geared property development projects. Its no wonder tradies were refusing to shake Bill’s hand during the campaign.

Its no wonder people were uneasy about class warfare, many more wanted a change of government because its a healthy thing for a democracy, because the environment ranks low in the Coalitions priorities, because multnationals don’t pay a fair share of tax. Apart from climate change , many of the policies promoted by Shorten really were a reset to 50 years ago when there was more inequality and tbh, thanks to a succession of governments, many of the great reforms that needed to be done have been done.

The main issues for me are keeping people working ( it doesn’t really matter what they actually do as long as 80% of Maslows pyramid is blocked in for them) and preserving as much of the planets ecosystems as we can. We don’t have a lot of time to act. I suggest that , as much as it pains you to do it, write to your local member (particularly if your local member is a government member) and voice your concerns about global warming and habitat destruction, Or the NDIS, renewables or xxxx if that is your concern.

Australia elected these people to represent us, tell them what you believe in. Do it now !

ALP blaming everyone but themselves.

Root cause analysis complete.

2 Likes

I support you.

Now he can go back to joining the all-mens club that he forgot he was a part of for 40 years.

Had a lady (looked like a toffy) come into the shop with her dog and on the phone. She had a bunch of flowers that she was heading to the registers to pay. I told her twice to leave her dog at the shop, ignored me and kept talking on the phone. Once she paid I took the flowers and threw them under the register and walked off.

1 Like

The commercial they played on end throughout the election, was it even indicative of what happens? I know the one where the lady said “she got less in her pay pack, just because they were cutting back” is bullshit. If you’ve worked the hours you must be paid for it, they can’t change your rate retrospectively.

1 Like

Hardly a significant swing against an incumbant government. Very usual. Considering how bad they had been I would take Labors performance as pathetic right around the country.

And you can’t ignore double dígit swings in Queensland.

It was Turnbull who cut the NBN, labour voters seem to forget that when they were parading him as one of their own.