Australian Politics, Mark II

Oh the wymen blame Bill alright. Something something middle aged white male.

:joy:.

Cos you know had they had say the member for Sydney running the show they would have romped it in Capricornia or Lindsay.

And that is all she wrote

Antony Green has spoken

Incredible that it has gone from Labor romping it in and sportsbet paying out to Libs forming a majority government.

Maybe being less like bullies and less arrogant would have helped Labor.

1 Like

I’m not ignoring it. But the analysis should be centred around a) adani b)economic vulnerability of the area c) one nation and Palmer.

It’s not some Howard era silent majority in the burbs effect. I can’t be bothered tallying it up, but I’d be surprised if labor didn’t hold more surburban seats than the liberals. The coalition is in power because they totally dominate rural seats not because of the burbs.

Fark, remember when Abbott said the Minister for Communications, Malcolm Turnbull invented the internet in Australia. ■■■, almost Trumpian in its fakeness. Fact check that one please.

I didnt say Abbott was smart, just reminded people it was Turnbull when communication minister that gutted the NBN.

I thought the results in NSW were telling.

Labor arent selling the solutions to peoples woes.

It was standard ALP.

Money on schools and hospitals. That doesnt resonate, it just panders to the ALP base. Who vote en masse for Labor every election anyway…

And just like Phelps was a by election wonder. Steggall will be the same as simply a mechanism for dumping Abbott.

The Liberals enjoyed some swings in Sydneys West as well.

Then there is Tassie.

2 Likes

Don’t quibble about 4-5 seats.

I ( and everyone) expected Labor to win, there were so many reasons why they should have destroyed the Coalition.
Labor should have won by a landslide in a generational win.

It is a massive failure to seize the moment. Massive.

Its really not a mandate for the coalition for anything. Its a mandate that Shorten was a poor politician strategically and tactically.

Turnbull, under Abbott, and you’re admonishing ALP voters over this because…?

2 Likes

You got a problem with that?

She is simply a wrecking ball. Sort of a female Mark Latham but fortunately not the leader of any party but her own.

It was more on the result in Bass and Braddon.

Lambie is a much better voice for middle Australia than Pauline.

3 Likes

Yep.

1 Like

Under protest (but he didn’t resign so you can’t shift all the blame to Abbott/the treasurer/finance minister/Cabinet).

Abbott is smart when given time to think…

When ges caught shooting his mouth of, the ■■■■■■■■ rises to the surface.

Astute politician otherwise.

Actually, I guess I better get used to things done by the Liberals being the ALP’s fault, given they’ll have been in power for nine years by the next election.

The people living in the country despise city folk.

If you live in the burbs you can have a 10 minute long hot shower every day of the week. Turn on the tap and out it comes. Taken for granted. Eat the nice rib eye, drink the $2 a litre milk in your latte, while theres a good chance the bank will foreclose on the family farm because of the drought. Its much tougher out there and no one wants to live out there any more.

In the end the milk and rib eyes will all be produced by multinationals who will not pay their fair share of tax.

1 Like

That doesn’t really explain why Ballarat and Bendigo are so different to Bundaberg and Townsville.

1 Like

Joe Bjelke-Peterson that’s all the explanation you need.

It’s actually not.
Gerrymandering?
Dementia?
A very weird run for PM without a party?