Australian Politics, Mark II

Macquarie sitting on a knife edge. 7 votes with about 92% counted. Fluctuating day by day. Destined to be a recount, with both parties’ gun scrutineers in action challenging as many opponent votes as they can.

Oh please convict him.

lol.
What country do you think this is?
He didn’t steal a mars bar, he committed a corporate crime.

4 Likes
1 Like

This bloke beggars belief. self made millionaire ( and therefore a clever business man) and yet was the most appalling politician in Canberra during his time there. I never want to see this bloke elected into our parliament again.

now lets see what the next newspoll says will labor be in front or will the polls reflect the election result?

OR

We could no longer put any stock at all in a poll that was, very recently, demonstrably shown to be amazingly inaccurate.

3 Likes

Fkn polls can get poled., … if you get my drift, … :smirk:

Not sure I do, it’s pretty subtle.

2 Likes

Bill Shorten has been blasted as “pathetic” for blaming “corporate leviathans” and “a financial behemoth” for his shock election loss.

behemoth

noun

1. a huge or monstrous creature.

“behemoths like the brontosaurus”

I understand he does like dinosaurs.

1 Like

Take a hike, Bill.

And they have to rework how they do polls. Landline calling no longer valid. Cold calling or using call number blocking doesn’t work either…at least on me.

1 Like

I don’t get Albanese’s obsession with Keneally and getting her onto the front bench. She’s never struck me as terribly impressive at all. I’m not from NSW though so only fleeting exposure to her.

I don’t remember this from the time, 2017, but stumbled on an article about the Cormack Foundation (Lib investment fund worth 70mill, Rupert’s brother on the board) blatantly funding cross bencher campaigns, Family First and Lib Dems from memory. The Coalition, now effectively consisting of One Nation and the Palmer All Night Party also, is indeed a broad church. Corporate controlled populist politics is the future of the West, if it isn’t the present already. If Labor don’t play nice with the big boys they’ll probably never see power again.

Well that’s ■■■■■■ depressing (but rings true).

You’d be hard pressed to find anyone under 40yo that has a landline, and/or answers unknown numbers on their mobile.

3 Likes

So the old methods are useless…as i was suggesting.

1 Like

Keneally is a good Parliamentary performer and is articulate in public presentations. She also has appeal as a person of moderate religious conviction (given that religion is back in the mix). I would much prefer her over the other right candidate Farrell. NSW was not entitled to another right candidate. UltimatelyHusic was the loser in the NSW right and it may have come down to gender. And a position needs to be found for Shorten.

1 Like

And she is better looking than most.

Think perhaps Bill needs to consider early retirement, and seek an Ambassador role

1 Like

I propose Afghanistan.

And that he be transported by cannon.

Not fair, he has suffered enough.

Cuba is a nice spot for Bill and Chloe.