Australian Politics, Mark II

What Folau doesnt get is that he passed judgement on other’s behaviours and beliefs, so in turn his own judgement and behaviour was turned back on himself.

christ on a bike, that’s even worse. i know, i’ll be condemned to hell for using the big guy’s name in vain.

although, it’s really good to see people helping out an aussie battler down on his luck

If you condemn other people, you have to expect it to come back at you, so you can’t sook and hide behind a belief.

I reckon your thinking on this is off.

50% of people might consider themselves Christian doesn’t mean many of them are as extreme as the ACL. The % of active and very conservative christians is small.

On the LGBTIQ it’s not 8% of people as these people have mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, children, friends and colleagues. The SSM was over 60% and smaller issues would probably have even higher support.

It isn’t just the GOP, the Dems are just as war mongering - it doesn’t matter who controls Congress/Senate/White House, the Military Industrial Complex pull all the strings. Neocons like Bolton, who as Tucker Carlson put it, are “bureaucratic tape worm” seem to just hang on from administration, to defence contractor think tanks

I literally disagree with 99% of your posts, but TDS is legit real.

The Deep State/Military Industrial Complex runs independently of which ever party is in power. CIA have been regime changing till the early morn’ since WWII

In any case, the escalations vs Iran has Bibi’s and MBS’ dirty fingers all over it. Israel and Saudi have longed to smash Iran for decades.

2 Likes

Yep. You can view it as Trump doing the Saudi RF & Netanyahu’s dirty work.

Doesn’t mean Australia need to get involved.

Why are we so desperate to be noticed on the world stage?

1 Like

I like you chris but wowee

If you’re going to do venn diagrams in word form then you should account for the fairly significant percentage of the population that fits in the “not LGBT+ but reckon we should not openly denigrate to them to their faces” circle.

Also you and pro-Folau folk seem to think this legal stoush is Folau vs The LGBT+ Community (which is certainly what it seems many are trying to frame it as). It’s not. It’s Folau vs the ARU. Apart from being mildly interested sideline spectators, most LGBT+ folk want absolutely nothing to do with this.

Aaaaaalllllso lumping in all “Christians” together is prejudiced itself. They’re not a homogeneous hivemind. I would wager that a sizable portion of the 50% of Australians who follow a faith that’s some derivative of catholic also want Folau to just take the L and fk off.

Just because some stupid view is presented in some form of mass media it doesn’t automatically mean more than say 20 people are behind it.

3 Likes

lol I love sht like this

because everyone always acts and talks the exact same way in front of their loved ones as they do in every other setting at all times

Odd that the ACL would use an image of Folau in Wallabies kit to advertise their fund raising for him.

Won’t his legal argument be that the views are his and not those of the ARU? So why would he still be posting images of himself in the kit?

But the vote for SSM must be based on the premise that all people are equal. As a consequence of that anyone can marry anyone else, gender, sexual proclivity etc etc have nothing to do with it. The 40% that did not vote for SSM must have been a mixture of conservatives and those who worry about kids being brought up in same sex relationships.

But yes, most “professed” Christians are not active ( probably most just say they are when in fact they are living secular lives ) at least not until now. After all, for any organised religion to thrive, young people need to be recruited, older people need to be retained, so someone has to sell the message. Christians and for that matter other religions will not take kindly to being gagged by a small minority especially when church attendances are diminishing and churches are getting a bad reputation for child abuse .

I have not met you Simmo41, but I like you too.:grinning:

Sure, the legal fight is between Folau and the ARU, but the subtext of the Folau defence is the argument about right of religious expression or freedom of speech.

Some lawyers have said that there is no legal precedent for this argument, so they want to see the court rule on it, but are not confident it will happen. Most of the cases of this nature are settled so they say. With Folau armed with megabucks, the ARU will need to either get Qantas to fund them, so they have more megabucks, or strategically settle with Folau .

However, these lawyers might need to do their homework, because as I recall in the Federal Court case during the saga, Justice Middleton ruled some of the common law rights of players were extinguished by the AFL player contract, and this may constitute a precedent which effects this case.

As to the rest of it, I am merely pointing out that potentially there are a lot more Christians than LGBTIQ+ people out there. I am not arguing against the rights of either group to hold opinions and beliefs. Its just that if it comes down to numbers and potential extinguishment of rights of free speech, the numbers might win. Thats called democracy and its highly political.

Millionaire seeks money from the public to fund legal fees in relation to a personal multi-million dollar damages claim.

And idiots donate.

FMD - Australians must have an average IQ of around 30.

9 Likes

True , but if he wasn’t a millionaire the ARU best player and the contract wasn’t $4M, there would be no court case and no fuss. He probably would never have tweeted and New Zealand would still win the Rugby World cup.

If Folau wins will he return the money donated? After all he could afford to do so.
It would be the Christian thing to do!!!

No what’s Vice?

Dickk Cheney Movie.

1 Like

Maybe ACL gets to keep the cash whatever happens, as the donations are made to the ACL as a registered charity.
A different set up from Go Fund me, which takes a 7% cut on donations to a person. Even that one was odd as there was a clause allowing him to use it for anything.
$7m in property assets, a contractual dispute. would be more Christian to donate shelter for the homeless

1 Like