Australian Politics, Mark II

I undetstand wanting to see a place like that, but to want to live there you must have your head completely submersed in your own ■■■■.

I used the calculator for the 3rd tranche of tax cuts. I earn a high income and will get a whopping big tax cut i don’t need. So will go on another overseas holiday.

Welcome to a flattened tax system.

5 Likes

Feel free to pay additional tax if you’re so keen. Or donate that ‘extra money’ to charity you support…

It does but every time we have been to Egypt or Israel for example, DFAT has advised to “reconsider your travel” and has been code orange or red. I just think they get a bit over cautious

1 Like

Someone has probably sued them over it so they are cautious.

True.

Or we could have a progessive tax system with those who can afford it paying a little more so everyone can benefit from quality health, education and infrastructure.

2 Likes

Which we already have. But if you’re not happy with it, and you feel that you unjustifiably have too much disposable cash, there’s nothing stopping you from rectifying that situation…

Yes there is.

Because no matter how much of my income I donate, it won’t be enough to rectify the situation in the health, education, or infrastructure (or environmental or welfare) sectors. That requires action across the entire economy.

7 Likes

Cool, now we know where abouts your moral compass sits.

3 Likes

Tax cut to get a tax deduction!

As well as voting in tax cuts for the rich, the ALP and Libs just voted in lockstep to block a $75/week increase in Newstart.

Position vacant: an opposition, Applications c/o Parliament House, Canberra.

3 Likes

Was a motion to raise it, not to actually raise it.

They also voted today to allow Adani access to the Gallilee basin.

I might be putting the bag of ■■■■ on Albos doorstep myself

1 Like

How the hell does someone survive on newstart. It’s a national disgrace.

If you’re idea of morality is big government… that’s some warped morality you’ve got right there. We already live in one of the highest-taxed nations in the world.

Personally, I think it’s more moral to leave the money in the hands of people who earn it by keeping taxation at a modest level. We all know the government will do their best to waste it anyway.

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2018/04/australia-low-taxing-country/

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Capture-270.png

4 Likes

There’s basically no differences between the two parties now but for some fringe issues.

1 Like

I’m not going to get into this with you, but if that’s how you see it. Wow.

2 Likes

@benfti, how the fark is it Labor’s fault or problem? They lost the election, they have no numbers to do anything.

Get over yourself, blame the guys who are in Government.

And seriously Voters do not give a Fark for some showboating in Parliament, they voted for a tax break. It’s called democracy.