Australian Politics, Mark II

I must agree that the Qld pollies you refer to are exemplary, but it’s an insult to the better ones and ignores that fact that there are plenty of Fwit representatives in other states.

Regional Queenslanders are a little out there.

2 Likes

efa

Apart from the inference that spoken English might be a prerequisite for residence , what are his criteria for integration in “our” community and capacity to get employment? It’s just dogwhistling.

1 Like

I live in a safe Qld Labor seat in state elections, but Pauline Hanson ON party still got 33% of the primary vote in the last election.

And Bob Katter is our local Federal member & wins easily every time in a landslide!

Is there a word for secession that’s the other way around?

I feel as though Katter is a very good advocate for issues directly affecting his electorate. But jeez he needs to not contribute to anything that doesn’t.

Rapidly approaching actual whistle.

Have the Vic Libs even got any policies or even slogans that aren’t great big old puffs on the dogwhistle/actual whistle?

■■■■ punt?

1 Like

Oh, I agree completely. I’m hoping there will be enough collective intelligence in my electorate to vote the A-hole out next time, which is definitely possible if the new Labor rep gets it right.

He must be one Hell of a local member.

Curtis Pitt, ex Treasurer from previous Govt, now been downgraded to Speaker, mostly cause he is too much of a nice guy.

New Treasurer is Deputy Premier, Jackie Trad- not well known in other States, but has that traditional Labor attack dog mentality who you wouldn’t want to get on the wrong side of. Called the ex Labor guy from Cairns, a wheelchair bound guy by the name of Rob Pyne, a traitorous ■■■■ (she doesn’t mince words) when he decided to go independent after originally getting voted in as a Labor member.

Has the smile of a pitbull

When you are in Local Governmentm it is good practice to try to work with all Parties in State Government, so I got to know many very well.

Generally the Labor ones were easier to work with, but the hardest to get anything from, and I found that most tended to actually improve performance as they got into the job.

The Liberals and Nats were the opposite, with most very difficult people and most getting lazier or more dis-interested over the terms. There were exceptions like Denis Napsthene, Terry Mulder and Hugh Delahunty who were nice blokes, worked hard and just wanted to achieve things. Back then Matthew Guy was an ambitious impressive bloke who had a good vision for the future as Planning Minister, but as his ambition grew, he became the bloke who would do or say anything to get your support. Now his is just anoterh example of Liberal no -progress, no-vision and ultra-negative. Peter Walsh and Ted Bauilleu were both just arrogant arsewipes, who were never interested in any progress.

If Liberals and Nats were true to their ideology, then they would be progressive in terms of building an economy. But as they do not seem to have the talent or have little or no respect from industry then all they can do is be drama queens.

I agree with Wim that the Eastern Freeway link should have been built, and it will happen, probably by a Labor Government after Dan Andrews retires. In hindsight the Desal Plant will be really important for the future, one day Myki will work properly, they will build a rail to the Airport and more freeway connections, extend public transport, and improve all aspects of policing, health and education, support more renewable energy infrastructure, and perhaps even help our Industry grow again.

I cannot see any part of this happening under Liberals, and I really just cannot understand why not, as all of it will put money into the pockets of shareholders of most Companies.

6 Likes

That’s coded for immigrants rich enough to ensure their kids go to private schools.

4 Likes

Considering he comes from a Lebanese background, he & his party certainly don’t like people from that region. When Pauline Hanson calls one of his blokes ‘Goebbels’ you know the world has gone into a parallel universe

1 Like

Refugee Child Trapped On Nauru Glad Government Has Distanced Itself From Anning’s Comments

A pre-teen asylum seeker trapped behind bars on Nauru has applauded his new surrogate nation’s politicians this week.

9-year-old Syrian boy Asghar Al-Khatib, whose family is seeking asylum in Australia has spent majority of his formative years inside the Australian government’s Pacific Island detention centre, a semi-privatised institution that has since become the closest thing the stateless war-weary youngster has to call home.

Ashgar spoke to The Advocate about the response to comments made by Central Queensland Senator Fraser Anning in his maiden speech to the Senate.

The new Senator called for a ban on Muslim migration and borrowed a quaint little German phrase ‘the final solution” to really bring it home.

However, Al-Khatib explained that it’s good to see the rest of Australia’s elected representatives condemn the ex-One Nation senator’s prejudice comments towards middle eastern migrants.

“It’s is great to see that Australia’s parliamentarians have a strong moral compass” he said.

Al-Khatib’s family has been split up after they fled from their war-torn home country, with the boy, his sister and his mum hanging out on Nauru while his old man spends a bit of time on the now defunct Manus Island.

“I’m not sure why me and mummy and my sister Azza are locked up on here, but I’m sure there must be some reason for it,” Al-Khatib said.

“I realise that now, that despite trapping us here and punishing us for trying to escape a country destroyed by war they really are quite progressive.”

“I guess they really do care about human rights!”

“I’m glad Tony Burke and Malcolm Turnbull were so swift to condemn Fraser Anning’s comments. It’s good to know there is bipartisan support for my right to exist”

1 Like

Far North Queenslanders

IMG_4043

5 Likes

A touch of the Sophie Mirabella about her.

1 Like