Australian Politics, Mark II

MBachus, ■■■■ me.

Right now people prefer ALP so much that if the election was held tomorrow labor could win 12 seats off lnp and hand them one of the biggest hidings Australia has ever seen.

YET…

Bill Wallpaper sits 33% to 67% Stalin Turnbull In preferred PM polling.

The result of this is ALP may lose the election

You need to pull your head out and start whinging comrade

Get over yourself beni. I have one vote in any Leadership poll, and today it would go to Bill. I did vote for Albo previously.

I reckon if the vote was held today, then Bill would win by a bigger margin. If we lose the next election then you can slash your wrists, I won’t. Move on to the next one.

Because it’s all about policy, eh?

Surely you could help more within the party see sense?

And you are fine with another LNP term. Man, you need to get out of there if that’s ok with you.

1 Like

Of course I am not fine with anything but a Labor Government.

I happen to believe in Bill Shorten, as does the Labor Caucus, and everyone in my Branch and all the Labor people I know.

Do you, and they, believe the polling over the past 3 years vis a vis, preferred PM, … or not?

Unfortunately you don’t know enough people to help him win an election

1 Like

Preferred PM is not a particularly useful metric. It always favours the incumbent.

There’s certainly a while to go and we don’t want to be counting our chickens, but I don’t know why everyone here is so convinced that Labor under Shorten will lose the next election. They’ve been dominating the 2PP since the last election and the projections I’ve seen have have petty consistently had them winning upwards of 20 seats. He’s done a pretty good job and can’t possibly be as despised as people here are making out.

2 Likes

Hope you’re right Kozza, … but I’m getting pessimistic.

I know how these Squiberal prix play, … and they seem to have cleared major issues, and are getting their Ducks lined up in readiness.

Murfoch is starting to build his regular brainwashing efforts, and I fear, more than I ever have, where we will be in 4 years if these barstards get another term.

Labor does its own internal polling. It does not always agree with Fairfax or Morgan in particular.

I have not seen a Labor poll though on preferred PM, probably because it is not a farking issue.

Most Labor polls are done in marginal seats and have been deadly accurate in the past two elections. I have no idea about the mechanics of their polling method, but they do ask for preferences as well and do not rely on historical voting data.

Polling is done solely to target where the money is spent, last election Labor spent over $60 million and you have to get bang for your buck.

Join up Comrade

Anyway, it’s all academic now I suppose, it will be Bill, unless he sees the writing super clearly and feigns illness or something and steps down.

My only saving thought, is that, as I’ve always said, he is very politically savvy,… and maybe he has a few things up the sleeve that he’s hanging on to, to drop at the exact right time.

Yep, that’s exactly how it’s going to play out. They are getting all their carnty ■■■■ done now, and soon they will transition to “everybody loves Malcom” because the libs actually realise who the public face of the party is is actually important, and they will get in again.

Unfortunately. Another right-wing dikhead.

Rightwing compared to what ?

More of a centre sort of guy, but don’t disagree about the dirk head.

What about people outside of that bubble?

1 Like

Well they don’t count because they are wrong.
And the party is willing to lose an election to a government the majority dislikes to prove it.
Or something like that.

What the fark is up your nose ?

Because you don’t like Bill Shorten then us obviously stupid Labor people should sack him. Get over it; unless Bill for his own reasons decides to quit, he will lead the ALP to the next election.

Tell you what I will do though; at my next Branch meeting, I will put it to all that because popularity polls are not favorable to Bill Shorten that we sack him. I wll make sure the bar is not open before the meeting.

Well Simmo, what about those people ?

Give me a list and I will phone them up.

You still get the White Pages delivered?