Australian Politics, Mark II

Nothing is up my nose. But there is definitely a stubborn lack of reality in your stance. I would just like to see Labor win the election, but it would seem arrogance and total disregard for common sense and public opinion will kill that hope. Sad.

I looked at Newspoll results. The last one I could find was dated 8th April

Preferred PM. Turnbull 38%. Shorten 36%

I reckon you are letting your Shorten hate get the better of you.

You’ve not heard of The Poll Bludger then??

Bill has dropped away markedly from that since those issues I mentioned have been taken off the table, such as Gay Marriage, Bank RC etc …

Trend measures of net satisfaction ratings (satisfied minus dissatisfied) and preferred prime minister scores, drawing on polling by Newspoll, Ipsos, YouGov and Essential Research. Adjustments are applied to pollsters other than Newspoll to correct for the long-term difference between their results and Newspoll’s. The series begins with the commencement of Malcolm Turnbull’s prime ministership in September 2015. Latest update: 16/6/2018.

https://www.pollbludger.net/bludgertrack2019/leaders.htm

Ahead in the Voting Poll?? Yes, … but as you can see here, it is beginning to narrow. This has always been my worry if they did take away Billys baseball bats, and it seems to be materialising, …

https://www.pollbludger.net/bludgertrack2019/index.htm

The graph on the right looks like a textbook diagram of a ladies vag.

Which is unsuprising, considering the two individuals it is measuring.

2 Likes

Don’t disrespect the vag!

2 Likes

Never!
Love the vag!

1 Like

Worry all you want, I really don’t care about all these meaningless polls.

I like the quarterly newsletters from Labor that get dropped off in the letter box.

Not sure if all areas get it but we get it from both fed rep and state rep.

They are not meaningless, FFS, they represent the views of actual voters

1 Like

In other news fee help and hecs debt payback threshold reduced to 45k

That’s awful when th justification was “graduates enjoy a higher earning capacity”

If I was earning 45k a year after my degree I’d be ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■ off

1 Like

Considering you have to pay off a centrelink debt even if you are getting $50 a week, it seems fair to me.

Inevitable. Degrees don’t automatically mean a well paid job any more.

1 Like

Whats going on here then @Bacchusfox??

Has Bill gone alone here w/out the approval of caucus on the Mid Biz Tax cut roll back?? Seems a bit curiously out of step with the way he usually operates.

Shed any light on this can you??

Just speculating here of course, … but it almost feels like a knee jerk reaction push back on Albos comments last Friday.

Sorry I am too busy worry about polls to know.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That’s pretty mature mate.

I had 2 degrees and first job was $32K a year. This was back in 2003 and both degrees cost $20K. I think it took me 8 years to pay it off.

Degrees are entry level in public service now. You need a Masters or PHD to be competitive.

what a sad state of affairs, legislators that got free rides in terms of uni education fees making people have to pay for it.

1 Like

Sorry

I have now caught up. Good policy and it tells Albo who is boss I guess.

So much for Bills unifying Labor

This is so sad because qualifications are a proxy for intelligence yet I work with so many over qualified yet stupid people it amazes me they even got or job in the first place. On the other hand I have also worked with a lot of less educated people who I rate as very competent and intelligent.

2 Likes