Australian Politics, Mark III

1 Like
5 Likes

Grubby politicians, whoā€™da thunk it?

1 Like

Itā€™s not your money Gunt, or the Liberal Partyā€™s money, buying the vaccines. So get your logo off the announcement.

3 Likes

What. A. ā– ā– ā– ā– .

4 Likes

itā€™ll be newsworthy if the lnp ever did something that wasnā€™t grubby

3 Likes

If BOLT is saying this stuff, then no one would think otherwise about the old saying, ā€œtakes one to know one.ā€ Why is he protecting these suffering makers? Or, is it his religious beliefs that prevent him from seeing what is obvious? Maybe he sees it all too well.

Bolt sees everything through how it affects politics and his political allies.

Pell and his supporters (like Abbott) are Boltā€™s political allies, so he starts from the base assumption that any criticism of them is unjustified, and any news that reflect badly on them is probably an evil leftist conspiracy, and he works backwards from there.

2 Likes

LNP first, Aus government of the people second. Pathetic.

2 Likes

Only the Nationals didnā€™t even get a guernsey here.

Hahah good point.

Either way, itā€™s pathetic and a clear misuse of public funds.

Would they mind if Labor stuck their logo on every medicare card?

In exchange we can put Liberal logos on the submarines and indue cards. Free Liberal tattoo with every vaccination!

1 Like

Will be interesting how this plays out.

I havenā€™t read the article but the news itā€™s closing is interesting.

1 Like

I must say that I am somewhat surprised at the lack of any mention of Alberneseā€™s announcement about how Labor intend to tackle the growing gig economy / casual labour market should they win the next election.
I work in employment services and have seen the results of the growth in these areas which has caused massive growth in underemployment.
I like a lot of what he has announced and see it as a real Labor policy.

4 Likes

This refinery also supplies raw material to other polymer manufacturers in that area like QENOS. The downstream effect could lead to the closing on many other factories.

It surprises me as this site had a total upgrade in 1999 with state of the art technology (for 1999) installed. It has been their since 1946, but in terms of a refinery it is not old with the upgrades.

1 Like

I wonder if this will have an impact on the quality of environment in the Altona area.

A friend of mine who lives there reckons she doesnā€™t trust air she canā€™t see!

Itā€™s a good and needed reform that protects some of our most vulnerable workers. The problem politically is that it doesnā€™t impact many voters. Iā€™m not sure what itā€™s like where you are, but in Melbourne the gig economy is new arrivals comprising a lot of international students, temporary visa holders and permanent residents. None of those people can vote.

So itā€™s a needed reform but itā€™s not improving many voters lifeā€™s. Its a poor choice to be a signature policy imo.

I think you will find that this gig economy is very widespread. No longer just in hospitality for example, but in cleaning, retail and moving into industry.

3 Likes

The gig economy and casual work are targeted by this policy.

The rise in casual employment has been huge in recent years and covers hospitality, retail, cleaning, blue collar and clerical just to name some.

I was speaking to a young guy today who gets $120 a day for 5.5hrs day and he has to work under his own ABNā€¦he is doing ceiling fixing which is supposed to be a tradeā€¦he has had a few days training and the employer is telling him that he should be able to do jobs on his own in a few weeks (without supervision)ā€¦this sh*t needs to be stopped.

5 Likes