Avengers End Game FULL SPOILERS

You could get a fair few movies out of the Chris Pratt Chris hemsworth comedic chemistry, you can tell they have the timing and delivery perfect with each other

Oh yeah, I meant in Endgame. Dean Pelton was in one of the other films too.

Troy (Donald Glover/Childish Gambino) was in Spiderman too

The cinema laughed when Chang was the sercurity guard… he didn’t even doing anything funny.

2 Likes

Looking forward to this one, immensely.

You haven’t seen it yet?

Nope. Haven’t been to a movie for months.

I know. I spent two hours wandering around Crown on Wednesday night kind of stunned.

[quote=“HirdMentality, post:11, topic:15701, full:true”]

OK I was trying to get my head around this so let me know if this makes sense. When they travel back to the first Avengers & take Loki’s sceptre (what eventually becomes the mind stone) they by extension remove it from ever being able to create Ultron & in turn then Vision - is that right?

Thanos gave Loki the sceptre with the infinite power source to try to retrieve the tesseract but did Thanos know the sceptre contained the mind stone? When I watch Endgame again I will have to see if there is any mention of Thanos already having 1 stone because I thought they said he still hadn’t found any.

Just a few continuity issue I had & I know I shouldn’t read this much into it but in Infinity war, even after he has all the stones Thanos is still beatable. They almost got the glove off him before Quill messed it up & of course at the start of Endgame once he had gotten rid of the stones he was easily beaten & killed by Cpt Marvel & ultimately Thor. In the final battle however he seems even stronger with no stones or gauntlet.

Also on the gauntlets, the original was forged like Thors hammers & other godly weapons with the power of a star etc etc because that was supposed to be the only thing that could control the power of all the stones. I just thought Tony whipping up 2 new versions of his own was a bit bridge too far.

I enjoyed it but nowhere near as much as I loved Infinity war.

The idea was to “borrow” all the stones and return them to the exact moment they were taken from, so that no changes to the timeline would be caused.

But then Loki escaped so they can do a Loki spin-off TV show on Disney Channel.

And Thanos jumped into the future and died, leaving no past Thanos to cause Infinity War.

And Cap went back in time and hooked up with Peggy Carter.

And…

But there shouldn’t have been anything to stop Ultron and Vision from happening. Sorta…

Time travel movies are the most sensical of all the genres.

1 Like

and then they poked fun at all the time travel movies.
which some have suggested thanos jumping forward alters the timeline.
so in reality they could have probably just gone and killed baby thanos like warmachine suggested haha.

i liked thor and his dad bod way too much for some reason, just taking the ■■■■ out of him and making it funny.

I viewed the whole time travel thing more like travelling to mirror universes. They use the Pym particles to travel to a parallel universe, and any changes they make in that ‘mirror’ universe turns that it into an alternate universe, without it effecting the OG universe/timeline which they came from and return to.

So they travelled to 2014 in a mirror universe which caused Loki to escape with the tesseract and they also kill Thanos and his army, which creates a new alternate universe.

They then travel to back to another mirror universe in order to ‘borrow’ the tesseract, and this is where Cap returns to and stays, therefore creating a new alternate reality where Cap gets to have a life. This doesn’t explain how Cap was able to meet back with them at the end though, so either he used the Pym Particles to return to his original universe or he didn’t stay in an AU.

There are two ways they’ve established to “time travel”; one is with the Time Stone which is your classic device where you can essentially rewind your timeline and the other is with the Pym Particles which seems to allow you to cross into separate, but identical universes therefore removing the butterfly effect from the Alpha timeline but creating alternate universes depending on what was changed whilst in the mirror universe.

I’m not going to think too hard about all the time travel logistics stuff, there’s no good answer to any of that stuff that and it just makes my brain hurt.

Very surprised when Black Widow died. Not surprised about Stark, and I think he got a lot better pay-off snd more care taken on it than Widow or Cap.

Funny Thor is the best Thor, I don’t mind that at all.

I didn’t like the treatment of the Hulk. It was good to see Cap cleanshaven and with his shield back, and ScarJo with red hair again - these are the iconic version of these characters. It’s a bit weird to see the climactic Avengers movie without Hulk smashing anything, seems to miss out on the essence of the character to me. The dialog even said explicitly that when the stones were used a huge burst of gamma rays would be emitted, so that would have been a perfect trigger to turn Bruce back to Hulk when he snapped his fingers (and would mean HE sacrificed something alongside all the other core Avengers…) but they didn’t do it.,

Few great bits in the final battle - with Cap lifting Thor’s hammer, and the relay of the gauntlet from person to person.

Not a fan of Cap’s final scene. It invalidates a lot of the themes of Winter Soldier and Civil War. Cap has gone to enormous lengths to recover Bucky and reunite with his old friend … and then just buggers off to the past with no warning and no goodbye and cheerfully lives 60 years with no regret for leaving his mate behind? What happened to ‘with you to the end of the line?’ Bucky really got shortchanged in this film I reckon. And then there’s all the time travel issues it brings up - when Cap was in the past, did he do anything about Hydra in Shield? He brought Thor’s hammer back in time with him but then didn’t have it when he returned. Where did it go? And who repaired his shield after Thanos trashed it? But thinking about this too hard is a path to madness.

A lot of great Hawkeye stuff there. He had a slow start in the franchise but he was really good in this one. I still think Scarlet Witch is criminally underused in these films. She does well when she’s on screen, but I wish she would step up in the next phase, but she’s being relegated to the TV shows unfortunately,

Such a … big … movie though. I’m going to need some time to digest it and maybe another viewing.

Oh, and a missing scene I’d pay good money to see? Cap rocking up at Vormyr to put the soul stone back where it came from, and meeting up with Red Skull there. Bet that was a nice civilised conversation.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the kid who was standing by himself for the funeral scene was the young kid from iron man 3. Cool little callback

1 Like

You would know.

So Loki is still alive?

There is a Black Widow movie coming out. So who know where this character’s arc goes, and if she is really finished.

I also heard that Marvel are hopeful that after he’s had a well earned rest, Chris Evans, they will try to negotiate him to return for a 1970’s Avengers movie.

The only way I explain the time travel in the movie is that; when they go back in time, they don’t change their time. So at this stage their is no repercussions for changing the past.

But…
They change what happens in a parallel universe. Much like changing lanes on a highway.

As the Enchanted One says to Banner, “there will be repercussions for altering parallel times”
So it will probably come back to bite them in following movies.

The only way I can explain the old man Steve Rogers thing at the end, is that maybe in every paralelle time line he went back to be with Peggy Carter.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that the Black Widow movie is confirmed to be a prequel. Mind you, I expect the next GotG film will be all about getting Gamora back, so Widow might return as part of that.

2 Likes

If the plot requires it, yes. This is a comic book movie, after all!

(I’m pretty sure Loki is getting a TV show of his own down the track. As is Hawkeye, Wanda, and Falcon & Bucky. Gonna be a crowded old production schedule down at Marvel…)