Avengers End Game FULL SPOILERS

There was confirmation that it will be a prequel… but you’d expect it would be.

Also Cap goes back to return all the Stones.
If he returns the Soul Stone, does that bring back Black Widow?

Maybe that’s how the start of the Black Widow movie starts, she wakes up stranded on Vormir.

Loki was 100% brought back to lead a new tv series for the new Disney streaming service. Parallel universe.

Think black widow is dead.

Think Cap is done for the foreseeable future, unless Chris Evans wants a boost to his retirement fund.

I think the only way the tv spin offs can afford their talent is as draw cards to the new streaming service. Avengers will make $3 billion. Attract 10% of that to a streaming channel and you’ve well and truly covered the wage for a few 10 episode tv series.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 will take a while due to the saga with the director. 2021/22 release I thinks.

Spider-Man far from home will be the last of the phase 3 films. It should give a snippet of phase 4.

Fox being brought out by Disney let’s Marvel reboot the Xmen. Expect phase 4 to head down the familiar xmen / fantastic 4 worlds. I actually think this is quite risky as there is a lot of baggage with these properties.

Far from home is the first movie in phase 4

Edit: apologies, looks like they changed that (?)

They shouldn’t bring back the cap character. He had the perfect ending, bringing him back would just dump on end game

I think GOTG 3 will focus on gamora falling in love with Quinn. The original gamora is dead and should stay that way.

Would love to see some scenes between draw and Thor. Hope they bring back korg again. I could watch that character all day

1 Like

Phase 4 is pretty much already set and in development I suspect. After the next Spiderman, there’s Black Widow, Black Panther 2, Dr Strange 2, Eternals, probably Captain Marvel 2, GotG3, Shang Chi.

Films have a lot of lead time. Any X-men etc flicks will more likely be in phase 5 I reckon.

1 Like

Marvel is saying it’s the final movie of Phase 3.

Interesting as this is the last Spider-Man appearance of the Sony-Disney deal.

Plus you have to wonder if it’s the last we see of Samuel L Jackson.

Gotg won’t be out for a long time. James Gunn is doing a reboot of suicide squad first which will take quite a while.

Not many of the new crop of heroes for phase 4 really interest me. Wouldn’t suprise me in the least if marvel drove a dump truck full of cash to Hemsworth house to get him to stay around and be the character to Be a bridge between the originals and the new ones.

He is the most charismatic character they have now

1 Like

Jackson is doing 2-3 days of shooting tops per film and would be taking home a pretty penny. No way would he walk out on that gravy train.

1 Like

Phase 3 had a huge announcement. Expect the next Comicon to have a Steve Jobs style reveal of the next 10 movies.

I think there’s already been rumours of Hemsworth signing on for a fourth Thor film (and good thing too, he’s really blossomed as the MCU has matured, and he’s a seriously good comic actor these days).

The problem going forward is going to be continuity and sticking the next batch of characters together. They had a whole bunch of films to set up the infinity stones, the linked past between Cap and Stark Sr, between Hawkeye and Widow and SHIELD, etc etc. They’re really starting from scratch this time around, with all that blow away. I’d hope they’d keep Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch around to be the core of the ‘new’ Avengers with Spiderman, (Captain Marvel overpowers the others by far too much to be used too regularly next to them), but given those two have their own solo TV shows lined up, I’m not sure it’s going to happen. Hulk is still around but he’s a completely different character now, so it’s hard t use him as a continuity bridge between the old batch and the new.

I’m not a fan of Captain America’s finale. I know it was forced cos Evans was done with the role and wanted to move on, but I think it could have been done better, especially with his relatio ship with Bucky.

I’m a bit more ■■■■■■ about how Widow went out today after some thinking time than I was after getting out of the movie, tbh. It seems cheap to have one of the founding heart-and-soul Avengers killed off before the final big battle, and to spend like 10 minutes on Stark’s teary funeral while she gets a couple of lines of dialog to remember her. I can only hope this means she isn’t really permanently dead, cos it’s a pretty cheap exit for the character if not.

If she has a film / show coming up, it’s hard to justify an Iron Man level of send off. If they’d played the Black Widow card harder, the Iron Man finale wouldn’t have had the same impact. Downey Jr has carried this series for 12 years and is 100% done with the role. ScarJo will be back in some form.

It’s like the death of Coulson doesn’t work as well on repeat viewing when you know he comes back.

Chinese take on avenging.

1 Like

I don’t usually watch these movies (an haven’t seen this one) by some friends we’re talking to me about it last night.

One thing I don’t understand. If by going back in time they create alternative universes, and in that alternative universe they win and stop the disintegration thing, doesn’t that mean there’s still an alternative (original) universe in which everyone is still dead? So what do they say was achieved exactly?

Like I said in an earlier post, don’t think about it. Just accept that they won by doing whatever it was they did. They addressed the time travel paradoxes by poking fun at all the movies about time travel, so I’m comfortable with it.

Plus: comic books. No-one ever stays properly dead in comic books.

Exactly.
I often hear people complaining about Comic book tv shows that they’re sick of characters coming back after they have died.
If that’s an issue for people, then they need to give up watching comic book movies and tv shows… because it’s what happens in every comic book.

As I’ve always been told by comic book fans, ‘unless you’ve seen the dead body… they aren’t dead.’

And a dead body should always be considered as a plot device for “the mantle/hood/mask/shield/ring/gauntlet/crown/hammer has now passed from <insert fallen superhero/mentor/villain> to <insert son/daughter/ward/orphan/protege/cosmically-selected-random person of virtue/accidental hero/more politcially correct demographic option>”.

I’m glad we get to recover from Endgame with some Spiderman wholesomeness, although they could go down a darker route considering UncleTony is gone and many of his classmates will be coming to grips with being absent for the past 5 years.

I’d need to watch it for a second time, but they certainly would have laid some clues about Phase 4 in EndGame. They did mention something about seismic activity on the ocean floor.

Almost certain that the Alternate Reality/ies that they created by “time traveling” will be a key part of Phase 4 and beyond. AltLoki is in possession of the Tesseract/Space Stone and the Reality Stone/Ether is back on Asgard could he become the new Thanos?

Destroying the Infinity Stones in their timeline/reality will probably have some cosmic consequences.

The whole ‘reintegration of the reappeared disappeared people’ thing is going to introduce so many inconsistencies and logical problems that I expect they’ll ignore it altogether in upcoming movies. Aging is the obvious one. Spider-Man obviously returned from dust the same age he dusted at, not 5 years older. But his next movie includes all his classmates from Homecomjng. If ANY of them survived the snap, they’d be in their early 20s and out of school now. So we’re just assuming that MJ, Ned, Flash etc ALL dusted, just to keep the class the same age…