Avengers End Game FULL SPOILERS

You’d think (hope) that would be explained pretty early, from the trailer his chubby friend and the snarky teenage girl both seemed to be snapped away, it doesn’t show what became of Aunt May.

The more humourous case would be anyone who was at Avengers base when they were snapped only to be unsnapped just in time to be blown up by Thanos from outer space.

My wife and l saw this 2 days ago, although she fell asleep during the first half. l loved it. How they managed to tie in all those disparate plots and characters was a phenomenal achievement. l expected a bit more of Captain Marvel and Quill, not as much Nebula, but overall l reckon they did a great job of balancing the screen personas, no easy task in a movie as all encompassing as this.

Seeing that Thanos didn’t have the stones to make him an even match for all of the Avengers (Although in the movie it actually didn’t seem to be a problem). I think it would of been good if Ronan was there to help.
The time travel stuff confuses me too but talking about it with my 10 year old son he had an answer for everyone of my questions. So I guess all is good with that.

I heard an interview with the Russo brothers, and they were asked about how Captain America was able to live in another time paradox, but aged in current one.

The Russo brothers hinted that it will be a story told in the next phase.

They didn’t say if that means a movie or tv show.

1 Like

That’s a really dumb idea imo.leave the character alone now

I seen it again tonight.
One thing I noticed; is that Bucky knew he wasn’t gonna come back, and they said goodbye before he went back in time.

That was the reason he didn’t have that moment with Steve Rogers as an old man.

1 Like

I’d be disappointed if they incorporated X-men into the MCU. I think its smarter financially and story telling wise to keep them separated. There is just so much that can be done with X-men on their own, you’d lose a lot of that if it was within the MCU.

Bucky knew what was happening. That’s why he says “I’ll miss you so much” when saying goodbye to Cap, despite in his timeline Cap only meant to be going for 5 minutes. He’s also not frowning when Hulk is saying its gone wrong, but has a wry smile. He also spots Old Cap on the bench and points Sam there - because he already knows what happened (or at least the plan).

The school one is easy, who remembers the whole class? It just needs to argue the key kids got snapped, and we’ve seen people go in clumps already (Hawkeye’s family, all but 2 on Titan).

The rest of the class doesn’t matter. Some are now in Uni, some were 5 years behind pre-snap, it doesn’t have a huge effect.

I hope they give some allowance to the issues that would arise from the reintegration (e.g. the food supply would have dropped wayyyy off over five years, so many houses let get rundown), but never expect them to go into it in too a detailed way. For example, it was never touched on that the original snap would have caused widespread deaths above the 50% snapped. After all, so many car crashes, 50% of planes falling out of the sky, boats sinking, half of everyone getting operated on, etc.

It would be quite good to have Spidey’s aunt have aged 5 years. That would bring home some of the effects a bit more.

On the time travel, after rewatching I think its reasonably clear. All the changes are new alternates, the reason for sending the stones back is to make sure they’re not “nasty” alternates.

No. For the current characters, returning to their time frame brings them back to the current timeline. That was part of what Stark’s time machine was about, and why it was important to “not lose what has happened since”. If they returned to some other time or timeline and fixed the snap, that could have occurred.

There goal was to fix the current timeline, not move themselves to an alternate.

Just watched it. Things I didn’t like about the movie.

1. The girl power scene. I have no issues with the female characters or their roles in the movie, but I thought that scene was cringe worthy.
  2. Fat Thor. I just didn’t like it
  3. Smart Hulk. I like hulk smash.
  4. Captain Marvel really only a cameo. I thought she would have played a bigger part.
  5. Too much talking. Enjoyed Infinity war much more. I know they were doing the whole reminiscing thing, but there was too much.
  6. Pizza in gold class was too small.

I give the movie a 7/10.

1 Like

Yeah Nah.

I didnt enjoy the whole time travel story line that much. Its just then used to cover up plot holes. Would have much rather there been a simple story line where the stones hadn’t been destroyed or another way of bringing the souls back who weren’t really dead.

Just makes too much about the film a bit too convenient. But anyway after acceptinf that.

Also Thanos ■■■■■■ all over the other characters(Josh brolin is great) . I was hoping for a more epic battle between him and captain marvel.

I take it though going forward there is no antman and no more time travel as captn América uses up all the extra pyms particles he nabbed back in 1970 returning the stones?

Also when the soul stone is returned by Captain América would that mean that Black Widow is resurrected? (swapping back the soul stone?).

And perhaps if it does then also the green chick(Gamora?) is resurrected in the original timeline which has Thanos destroy them? (which happens in all the other timelines as they are returned.) might expain Quill searching for her at the end before being interrupted by Thor.

Everyone can come back now.

Parallel Universes!!

Hell, even stark could come back. Which would be lame by the way

Yeah… I am sure they do time travel in the actual comics. One thing I liked about the movies thus far as they all sort of had a chronilogical order about them.

Also heaps was made about the avengers only having one shot to time travel based on a limited supply of Antmans shrinking stuff.

Including Nebula who has her shrinking red stuff nicked by past Nebula só that she can try foil the avengers plan in the future.

So how on earth does Thanos and his entire army travel through time at the end? WTF?

Farking stupid premise to create the whole end if you ask me.

He, Thanos the Ulmighty, used the PPs to shrink his armada, allegedly.

Now that Pym is back he can make more.

I choose to think of the whole “time travel” business as parallel timelines becoming alternate realities, which as far as I know is a new concept for the big screen.

Fwiw i think the “multi-verse” ramifications will be “explained” in the new Spiderman movie, based on the trailer that just dropped on Monday.

Yeah. It must be part of the comic books. I know its all fantasy but time travel just arrests my suspension of disbelief. The whole choosing who to suck back by nebula(eg thanos and his army) is just stupid.

If thats the case the avengers can just bring in stark and Black widow from another time line.

Its really an aspect that makes a mockery of the whole fantasy world to me at least.

Also take into account the amount of people who would have lost loved ones and decided they didn’t want to be around any more after the snappening, plus good ol’ human nature leading to looting, riots and murder, social upheaval, collapse of government in some countries, famine, etc.

The other side of the coin is what about the people who moved on in the intervening five years? “O.M.G, you’re back honey? Let me introduce you to my new wife and kids…” Talk about awkward.

1 Like

Depending on what happened to her mother, it would be good if the next Antman explored a little bit what things were like for his daughter.

Pym can make more particles. And presumably Thanos reverse engineered the particles. He could have spent years before sending his Nebula back.

It’s not actually time travel… they can only travel in time to a different dimension.

The thing is, they can get Stark and Romanoff from another dimension… but they won’t be the same people.

1 Like

yeah just pick them up from the dimension just before a getting the soul stone and B the battle.

then tell em what they missed.

it just adds too much complexity or convenience to story writing. not a fan

1 Like