Bacon

I love bacon.

I am in Europe and have a serious issue. Why is the bacon in Europe so much better than Oz???!!

3 days in England and
gorged on bacon at breakfast. Even had a double bacon, egg mcmuffin at Maccas that was very good.

Now in Poland and again bacon is supreme.

Why can’t we do bacon like this in Oz?

German bacon sucks. It’s like that useless crispy American stuff. I miss Aussie bacon

Bacon in Poland is great. When I was there maccas had the “Pepper McBacon”. It was glorious.

Delis usually have good bacon you wanna get either a smoked or cured one not short cut because it’s quick smoked (liquid smoke).

Never had good bacon anywhere in Asia.

You should try the Middle East, then.

Yes, I realise that is also Asia.

That beef bacon substitute is awful.

Get the cheap-as Aldi bacon that comes in 1kg packs - never gets sliced properly and as a result you get nice big chunky slices.

Costco used to do a huge packet of streaky bacon that I thought was the best in the country. Until…

I came across Istra Smallgoods bacon from a local deli here in Geelong, just incredibly delicious. Produced in Musk (just outside Daylesford) and would have to be the tastiest bacon I’ve ever had. Almost impossible to burn, it cooks up lovely, very little shrinkage on cooking and bubbles nicely leaving a perfect crispy finish.

That beef bacon substitute is awful.

Pialiggo Estate smoked bacon is amazing.

Stuart Bros, butchery, Kyogle. They make all their own smoked small goods and they are delicious. They only use locally sourced pork, unlike the majority of bacon in Aus which comes from overseas. They slice it off in whatever size thickness you want.

They also do bacon chops! Which are like the greatest thing ever!!!

Any of those phony bacon substitues are disgusting. In Indonesia they try to pass of turkey bacon, not tasty!

Stuart Bros, butchery, Kyogle. They make all their own smoked small goods and they are delicious. They only use locally sourced pork, unlike the majority of bacon in Aus which comes from overseas. They slice it off in whatever size thickness you want.

Any of those phony bacon substitues are disgusting. In Indonesia they try to pass of turkey basting, not tasty!

Hmmm …

Trade week, smade week!

It’s bacon time!

Bacon in Poland is great. When I was there maccas had the "Pepper McBacon". It was glorious.

It is 4am here in Poland, and I can’t sleep, just keep thinking about bacon for breakfast.

Mmmmmm bacon …

I found all meat in Europe to be better quality than here, and 100x better than US

Any of those phony bacon substitues are disgusting. In Indonesia they try to pass of turkey bacon, not tasty!

Bacon chops? Say what?

Bacon chops? Well there’s a market worth tapping into!

Bacon chops? Well there’s a market worth tapping into!

Heh, my dad used to tell me I was going to cop a bacon chop if I didn’t shut up…

Not sure if the best supplier, but Auction Rooms In norf melbourne do a thick cut coffee and maple glazed bacon. And Indistry Beans in Fitzroy does Duck Bacon which is worth a crack.