Bacon

Make your own. It’s better than anything you will ever buy.

Next time I go to town (or more likely when Mrs WP is making cake deliveries on Friday next week) I will get her to grab me some of the bacon chops so I can take a pic and show you how delish they are.

They are a great butchery and will also dry age beef for you if you ask. We have had them dry age thick cut t-bones for three weeks and they are spectacular.

I bought some bacon today.

Today is a good day

I am now in Germany and the bacon at breakfast was nowhere as good as English or Polish, but I did have seconds just to make sure.

Off to France next. Do they even have bacon ? We shall see.

I am now in Germany and the bacon at breakfast was nowhere as good as English or Polish, but I did have seconds just to make sure.

They have beer at maccas.

And the beer is awful.

And thanks for confirming that german bacon is crap. It’s not just me. All the other meats I’ve tried are awesome though

Make your own. It's better than anything you will ever buy.

That’s true, but its also way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more work.

Yeah right so there’s like some kind of magical animal

I found all meat in Europe to be better quality than here, and 100x better than US

gotta pull you up there.

If money is no expense, the yanks do amazing steak. Best one I ever had was down in south beach Miami. I can still taste it. At $75 US, plus 20% tip, so so worth it! (Work was paying). No sides, no garnish, no sauces or gravy. Amazing.

Had a couple of crackers in Boston too.

And the kid at the table next to me had a schnitzel about a foot and a half long on top of waffles with maple syrup. FFS

On a whim, I used bacon in a seafood green curry tonight. With lots of…coriander.
Mmmmmmmm

And the beer is awful.

And thanks for confirming that german bacon is crap. It’s not just me. All the other meats I’ve tried are awesome though

I have been coming to Germany for very long time, and the food is awful. UK has improved greatly, and other places are OK, but the Huns ruin all food. Tonight I will be taken to a beer barn that will have snitzel or pork-knuckles with different types of spuds. Luckily the beer is good.

And the beer is awful.

I have been coming to Germany for very long time, and the food is awful. UK has improved greatly, and other places are OK, but the Huns ruin all food. Tonight I will be taken to a beer barn that will have snitzel or pork-knuckles with different types of spuds. Luckily the beer is good.

Awful? You must be doing it wrong.

It's not hard though.

So… you’re makin bacon?

It's not hard though.

I thought it would have to be hard for that.

What if my sow has friend-zoned my boar?

And the beer is awful.

Probably, but my German partners insist on taking me out and they gobble everything down. Are you saying there are actually good places to eat?

I have been to this large tent restuarant in the past to eat white asparagus, which is surprise ly good, but it usually comes with all the poor stuff.

Last night after the pigs feet, I found a local Irish pub, so 5 pints of Guinness made all good.

And the beer is awful.

Probably, but my German partners insist on taking me out and they gobble everything down. Are you saying there are actually good places to eat?

I have been to this large tent restuarant in the past to eat white asparagus, which is surprise ly good, but it usually comes with all the poor stuff.

Last night after the pigs feet, I found a local Irish pub, so 5 pints of Guinness made all good.

Pigs feet? I’ve never had that. If you’re talking about pork knuckle, that’s actually pigs leg. Where in germany btw? Up north they do it differently, the pork is usually pickled rather than roasted. I also rate the beer down here better.

Agree the fresh asparagus is also great, often have it wrapped in ham served with hollendaise sause.

Käsespätzle is also nice. It’s like mac cheese for adults. You can also never have enough pretzels. Best eaten with butter.
When sick of german cuisine, the italian food is also quite authentic, due to the large amounts of imigrants in the past. The donor kebabs also good for the same reason.

And the beer is awful.

Pigs feet? I’ve never had that. If you’re talking about pork knuckle, that’s actually pigs leg. Where in germany btw? Up north they do it differently, the pork is usually pickled rather than roasted. I also rate the beer down here better.

Agree the fresh asparagus is also great, often have it wrapped in ham served with hollendaise sause.

Käsespätzle is also nice. It’s like mac cheese for adults. You can also never have enough pretzels. Best eaten with butter.
When sick of german cuisine, the italian food is also quite authentic, due to the large amounts of imigrants in the past. The donor kebabs also good for the same reason.

I am in Karlsruhe, tomorrow driving to Villemandeur in France for real food and wine. Yeah I mean pig knuckle and I know where it is on the porker, just do not like it. And I have been to some great Italian places, just think Getman food is mostly crap.

And the beer is awful.

I am in Karlsruhe, tomorrow driving to Villemandeur in France for real food and wine. Yeah I mean pig knuckle and I know where it is on the porker, just do not like it. And I have been to some great Italian places, just think Getman food is mostly crap.

Well put :stuck_out_tongue: